Sony WH-1000XM2 noise-cancelling headphones review
Sony has managed to balance comfort and audio quality in these exceptional headphones, though the touch controls are a little touch and go.
- Mind-blowing noise cancelling
- Customisable settings via app
- Comfortable for extended wear
- The touchpad controls aren’t reliable
- Average call quality
- Doesn't automatically power down when not in use
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Sony has been making high-quality Bluetooth headphones for a long time, so it shouldn’t be a surprise that the new WH-1000XM2 flagship set of noise-cancelling headphones perform well.
But where Sony has truly excelled with these headphones is in the noise-isolation technology, which uses noise-cancelling microphones to deliver crystal clear conversations to you over the top of your music, without impacting volume.
They’re not perfect, and they have some significant hurdles to overcome with the touch sensor used to control the music, but Sony has once again demonstrated its prowess when it comes to personal audio.
- Padded earcups are comfortable
- Foldable design makes storage easy
- On-ear controls provide convenient access to core functions
- Delivers the high-quality audio Sony headphones are known for
- Ambient noise mode combines noise cancellation with the ability to hear nearby voices
- Touch sensor music controls are a bit awkward
- In wired mode, the on-ear controls are completely non-functional
- 30 hours of battery is impressive
Pricing and availability
The Sony WH-1000XM2 has an RRP of $499 and is available now.
WH-1000XM2 Flagship Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones from Sony
Experience Sony's incredible noise cancellation technology with hi-resolution audio playback with the WH-1000XM2 headphones.View details