7 experts in solo travel tours of Australia
When travelling by yourself in Australia, you should only travel with the best.
From pristine beaches to the dusty Red Centre, Australia captures the imagination of many travellers.
If you’re thinking of exploring it on your own but are budgeted by time or cost, a curated tour is ideal for ticking all the “must-dos” off your bucket list without the worry and stress of personal organisation and navigation.
Plus, you might even meet a couple of mates on tour to hang around with for a beer at the pub in the evenings. That’s pretty sweet, eh?
Solo travellers looking for non-stop adventures along the East Coast and through the Outback will find exactly what they're looking for with Contiki.
- 34 different Australia tours available ranging from 3-day snorkelling adventures to 25-day cross-country journeys
- Limited to just 18-35s
- Last-minute, early payment, past-passenger and multi-trip booking discounts available
Go to Contiki website
View coupon code for Contiki
2. Adventure Tours Australia
Solely dedicated to tours throughout Australia, Adventure Tours Australia offers trips tailored to adventure hounds and thrillseekers. Expect overland, indigenous and wildlife tours that’ll have you bonding with your group in no time.
- Small group tours travelling in 4WD or minibuses
- Package tours with flights can be organised through ATA
- Tours travel throughout Australia (except the ACT)
- No single supplement needed if you agree to share accommodation
Go to Adventure Tours Australia website
View coupon code for Adventure Tours Australia
3. APT via Flight Centre
The family-owned APT Group has been helping holidaymakers see the world for generations. This consistent award-winner has an extensive menu of all-inclusive tours in Australia that offer cultural, first-hand experiences of each of its destinations.
- One-night to one-month tours available
- Tours are luxurious, so you can expect only the best accommodation and service
- Tours open to all ages
Go to APT via Flight Centre website
View coupon code for APT via Flight Centre
4. Flight Centre
Being the largest travel retail outlet in Australia is no mean feat. With that claim to fame, Flight Centre offers a wide variety of tours and activities around the nation for locals and internationals to enjoy together.
- One-day to one-month tours available
- Flight Centre books tours with operators such as AAT Kings, Infinity Domestic and Infinity Holidays
- Book flights, accommodation and tours with Flight Centre
Go to Flight Centre website
View coupon code for Flight Centre
5. STA Travel
Specialising in youth and budget travel, STA can help you explore your backyard on a shoestring budget with like-minded and similar-aged travellers. Many of STA’s trips keep close to the coast so if sun-kissed shores and watersports are on your list, hit
- Tours curated for 18-35 year olds available
- A wide variety of tours include Sydney and Cairns
- Tours as short as three days are available – perfect for long weekends
- Options for tours that don’t require single supplements
Go to STA Travel website
View coupon code for STA Travel
Viator is a TripAdvisor-owned company that offers tours for almost every style and budget worldwide. Its Australian tours include helicopter rides, sailing trips, onshore excursions, food, wine, watersports and sightseeing.
- Experiences are verified by user reviews
- New tours added constantly
- Low-price guarantee or Viator will refund the difference
- Ideal for solo travellers looking for day tour options or short breaks
Go to Viator website
View coupon code for Viator
Top deals on solo travel tours of Australia
Save up to 20% on Australian adventures
Check out STA’s deal page for up to 20% off Australia tours
Great Barrier Reef cruises and snorkelling trips form $90
Book a cruise, snorkelling, or diving trip out to the Great Barrier Reef from just $90 per person.
Stretch your stay and save up to 25%
Save up to 25% when you stretch your stay in Oz, NZ, Asia, or the Pacific at Wotif.