Smartphone manufacturer OnePlus is on its way Down Under
The OnePlus 5 will undergo a soft launch in Australia later this month.
Popular China-based smartphone manufacturer OnePlus has announced its long-awaited expansion to Australia with the imminent arrival of its latest phone, the OnePlus 5.
In a post on the official OnePlus forums, founder of the company Carl Pei revealed that the phone will be trialled through a soft launch later this month, with a limited run of units selling on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Then, in September, members of the OnePlus team will be holding events in Melbourne and Sydney to solicit feedback from users regarding the phone's launch. If all goes well, the company will look to expand its supply chain to Australia in the near future.
Official pricing for the OnePlus 5 has not yet been announced, but the American pricing of US$479 converts to around AU$600, so expect the final price to hover somewhere around there.
- Huawei P20 Pro Review: It’s all about that camera
- This week’s bargain phones: Save on iPhone X, Galaxy S9+ or Google Pixel 2XL
- The Huawei P20 and P20 Pro are now available in Australia
- OnePlus 6 is OnePlus’ most expensive phone yet
- This week’s bargain phones: Score a bargain deal on iPhone 8 Plus, Galaxy S9 or Huawei P20 Pro