We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Skype is an innovative program that allows you to explore the limitless possibilities of communication via the internet. Being part of the leading software development company, Microsoft, one can only expect new features and advancements in technology from Skype on a constant basis. On this note, Skype does not disappoint. It offers a wide range of services including text, video, and voice calls, helping to facilitate communication between people in different places around the world.
With Skype, you don't even need a landline in order to make a phone call anymore. Skype provides you with your own, personalised, online number for friends and family to contact you on from behind your computer screen. All you need is an internet connection, and you're pretty much set. The only thing missing, is choosing a service with Skype, which, to be honest, isn't hard as there are services and plans to suit most every budget and need.
Skype vouchers and discounts for June 2021
Top items from Skype
Skype offers a wide range of products to help keep you connected - no matter where you are in the world, or who in the world you're trying to contact.
How do I use my Skype voucher?
- Log in to your Skype account.
- Browse through the various products offered by Skype.
- Select the product you want.
- Follow the procedure as indicated, and key in your voucher details when prompted.
- Fill in your billing name and address.
- Finally, you click 'Apply to complete payment'.
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully saved off your online numbers order.
Pros and cons of Skype
- Software updates. The company frequently makes updates to their software to enhance its performance and improve your experience.
- Cheap services. Skype is one the most affordable VoIP services in the world, and best of all, a lot of its best features are free.
- Privacy. Skype does not infringe on the privacy of its clients unless a client does not comply with their policy agreement.
- Limited features. Skype lacks many advanced features, such as allowing a user to block a number. However, with its constant upgrades, such features may be available soon.
- Emergency service. The program does not offer an emergency service line in many countries, meaning it may not be possible for people to use Skype as their only phone line.
Refunds, exchanges and returns for Skype
The cooling-off period from Skype enables customers to cancel any paid product within a period of fifteen days. In case a client realises that he or she made an error while purchasing Skype products, he or she can cancel the transaction and be entitled to a refund within this period of time. However, this is not applicable if the product has been used. Once the cooling off period is over, only subscriptions are refundable.
To obtain a refund, customers need to fill a withdrawal form, which is provided on the Skype site. In cases where you've been charged erroneously, you are required to contact customer service within 90 days of being charge. If you fail to contact them within this time period, your refund request will not be granted.
About Skype and its history
Skype is an example of innovation-driven program that was released as a mere computer-to-telephone program in 2003. Constant upgrades to the program saw it develop it into a VoIP software program, offering services to people in different locations around the world. In 2011, Microsoft purchased Skype and all its associated companies, however its headquarters still remain in Luxembourg City.
More guides on Finder
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day home deals to expect: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Ask an Expert