The Skylanders Academy trailer shows off the leading heroes
Activision and Netflix have dropped the first trailer for Skylanders Academy and it's pretty darned adorable.
On 28 October, Netflix and Activision will bring the toys-to-life franchise Skylanders to the small screen, making it the first toys-to-life-to-tv series in history. In preparation for Skylanders Academy's imminent release, Netflix has dropped the first trailer for the series.
The trailer gives each hero and villain a chance to flaunt their powers and crack some harmless G rated jokes. It's easy to be cynical about Skylanders' global domination, but the trailer is surprisingly charming and looks to entertain children and supervising adults alike.
The voice talent on show is here differs from those found in the video game series, but it's still instantly recognisable, with the main crew played by Justin Long (Tusk), Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical) and Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad) and the villains portrayed by Richard Steven Horvitz (Invader Zim) and Norm MacDonald (Billy Madison).
It's gearing up to be a busy time if you're a Skylanders fan, with Skylanders: Imaginators on sale in Australia today across PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Wii U.
- Where to watch Riverdale Season 3 online in Australia
- Netflix Australia vs Prime Video: Price, content and features compared
- Stan is giving eBay Plus subscribers 3 months free access to its movie and TV library
- This week in streaming: Netflix brings back Wilson Fisk and Supergirl swoops back onto Foxtel
- Gem Finder: Starring Jim Carrey, Kidding is both heartbreaking and hilarious