The best places to come home to in Queenstown after a day at this resort town’s snow-capped mountains.
Queenstown is a place of extremes. This small New Zealand town offers adrenaline junkies the rush of extreme sports and also total relaxation with some of the world’s most picturesque views.
Both Coronet Peak and the Remarkables are less than an hour’s drive from the town centre. Ski hire and transportation options can easily be arranged when you’re ready to hit the slopes.
Best Queenstown NZ accommodation options
Queenstown houses and apartments
Pinewood Houses and Apartments
St James Apartments
Turner Heights Townhouses
Queenstown hostels and backpackers
YHA Queenstown Central
Queenstown luxury accommodation
Coronet Peak accommodation
Cherish Bed and Breakfast
Swiss-Belresort Coronet Peak
The Remarkables accommodation
The Shans Luxury Lodge
Shotover Country Cottages
Where is each ski area compared to Queenstown?
- Coronet Peak: 25 minutes drive, 16km from Queenstown
- The Remarkables: 45 minutes drive, 24km from Queenstown
Coronet Peak Mountain facts:
Vertical: 460 metres
Skiable terrain: 280 hectares
Longest run: 2.4km
Trail breakdown: 25% beginner, 45% intermediate, 35% advanced
Number of terrain parks: 2
Ski season dates: Targeted to start 16 June
The Remarkables Mountain facts:
Vertical: 357 metres
Skiable terrain: 220 hectares
Longest run: 1.5km
Trail breakdown: 30% beginner, 40% intermediate, 30% advanced
Number of terrain parks: 3
Ski season dates: Targeted to start 9 June.
Where to get ski hire in Queenstown
For hassle-free ski hire in Queenstown, check out these retailers for great quality equipment, fantastic service and prices that won’t hurt your wallet.
- Snow Rental Queenstown: Ski and snowboard equipment, clothing and accessories for hire. Book your ski hire online early and enjoy discounts up to 30%. Swap between skis and boards at no extra charge. You can also opt to have days off during your hire period. 39 Camp St, Queenstown 9300
- One Stop Snow Shop: Ski and snowboards, winter clothing, helmets and other accessories available for hire. One Stop Snow Shop also provides package deals that include lift pass, lessons and transport. Book online to save 20%. Station Building Duke St , Queenstown
- Browns Ski Shop: Browns Ski Shop has brand new boards and skis with every season and washed quality clothing. Equipment insurance is included in the price and they also provide deliver and pick up to most major hotels in Queenstown. 4 Brecon St, Queenstown