Travelling and skiing in a professional capacity? Get covered with a Ski-Insurance.com.au Professional Ski Travel Insurance policy
For you, skiing is more than just a way to spend time in the winter. It requires highly developed skills teamed up with dedication and passion, which rings true even with recreational skiers who must have spent hours on the slopes to enjoy the pastime with ease.
If you are a professional skier, you have a high level of commitment to your craft and as fun and rewarding as the sport is, you also take your competition very seriously. With more hours on the slopes under your belt than the average resort goer, it doesn’t mean you are immune to the dangers of the sport, or that you don’t need extra protection when you travel.
This is why Ski-Insurance.com.au have specially designed professional ski travel insurance cover to match your needs and you must have a license obtained from the Ski and Snowboard Association to be eligible for the policy.
Who underwrites Ski-Insurance.com.au International Ski Travel Insurance?
This insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's, Ski Insurance is located on Level 11, 307 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia.
All-inclusive cover for competitive skiing and snowboarding events with Ski-Insurance.com.au Professional Ski Travel Insurance
Ski-Insurance.com.au professional ski travel insurance cover is designed to protect competitive skiers and snowboarders when they are out on the slopes competing for their next title.
Professional ski travel insurance for winter sports professionals has all the features you need to protect yourself from the inherent dangers in your chosen profession, as well as look after you in the event of more common travel disruptions such as lost luggage or flight delays.
As a competitive skier or snowboarder travelling to compete or train, you will benefit from the specialised features of a professional ski travel insurance policy, which include:
- Emergency rescue: Ensures that you are able to be evacuated from the slopes in the event of an emergency and transferred to the nearest hospital for immediate treatment.
- Snow ski equipment: If your snow or ski equipment is lost, damaged or stolen you need to continue with your training or competition and your Competitive Ski Travel Insurance includes a benefit for you to hire the equipment you need.
- Ski pack: If you become ill or injured during your ski or snow journey and unable to use any prepaid services such as ski passes, ski hire, tuition or lift passes, your travel insurance can reimburse you these costs.
- Piste closure: allows for travel to an alternative resort if you are unable to ski at your pre booked resort because of piste closure.
- Bad weather and avalanche closure: provides you with a benefit for additional travel and accommodation expenses if your pre-booked outward or return journey is delayed for more than 12 hours because of bad weather or an avalanche.
Standard policy features and benefits you will receive with your Ski-Insurance.com.au Professional Ski Travel Insurance plan
If you are a competitive skier or snowboarder, you are also likely to be a regular traveller, making journeys around the country and around the world for competitions, to watch others compete and for training and development of your skills. You know that things can go wrong just as easily off the mountain as they can when you’re speeding down the slopes.
With a comprehensive travel insurance policy from Ski-Insurance.com.au, you are also covered for the following:
- Overseas emergency medical assistance: You will have access to unlimited cover for any emergency medical assistance that you may require while overseas.
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses: Ski-Insurance.com.au will provide cover for any expenses incurred from any medical or hospital care required in the event of an illness or injury.
- Additional accommodation and travel expenses: If you cannot travel because of illness or injury and need immediate treatment from a medical professional, Ski-Insurance.com.au will reimburse you for any additional accommodation and travel expenses incurred.
- Family emergency:In the event that a member of your family or travelling companion passes away, is suffering from an injury or becomes seriously ill, additional travel expenses to return home to Australia will be reimbursed.
- Emergency companion cover: Ski-Insurance.com.au will reimburse additional travel expenses incurred if your travelling companion is ill or injured and unable to travel.
- Resumption of journey: You will be covered if your journey is interrupted due to death, illness or injury.
- Hospital cash allowance: Ski-Insurance.com.au will provide a benefit of $50 for every day you spend in a hospital for more than 48 hours while you are overseas.
- Accidental death: In the event of your death as result of an injury, Ski-Insurance.com.au will provide a benefit payment to your dependants.
- Permanent disability: You will receive a benefit payment if you suffer from total loss of sight in one or both eyes, or the loss of the use of a hand or foot within 12 months of sustaining an injury.
- Loss of income: If you become disabled within 30 days as a result of an injury sustained on your journey and you are unable to work for more than 30 days when you return to Australia, your policy will provide a benefit payment of $400 per week for a period of up to 26 weeks.
- Credit card fraud and replacement: You will be reimbursed for any fraudulent charges and replacement costs for your stolen or lost credit cards.
- Travellers cheques and travel documents: You will be reimbursed for the replacement costs of any travel documents, including passports or travellers cheques, should they get lost or stolen during your journey.
- Theft of cash: In the event that your cash, bank notes, currency notes, money orders or postal orders are stolen, you will receive a benefit payment.
- Luggage and personal effects: If your luggage and personal items are stolen, accidentally damaged or lost, your policy will cover the cost, repair or replace the item.
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits: In the event that you cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be covered for lost deposits and cancellation fees for any pre-paid travel arrangements.
- Disruption of journey: if your journey is disrupted or delayed for more than six hours due to circumstances outside of your control, Ski-Insurance.com.au will cover the additional costs of meals and accommodation required.
- Alternative travel expenses: You will be covered for additional travel expenses to get you to a sporting event that you are registered for and competing in should your scheduled flight be cancelled.
- Personal liability: Ski-Insurance.com.au will cover your legal liability and provide a payment for compensation in the event of bodily harm to other persons or damage to a persons property.
- Rental vehicle excess You will be covered for any excess payable in the event that your motor vehicle rental has been damaged or stolen.
How much cover will I get with a Professional Ski Travel Insurance policy from Ski-Insurance.com.au
|Policy Features||Group (per person)||Available when travelling to Australia?|
|Overseas emergency medical assistance||Unlimited|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses||Unlimited|
|Additional accommodation and travel expenses||$50,000|
|Emergency companion cover|
|Resumption of journey||$3,000|
|Hospital cash allowance||$5,000|
|Loss of income||$10,400|
|Card fraud and replacement||$5,000|
|Travellers cheques and travel documents|
|Theft of cash||$250|
|Luggage and personal effects||$5,000|
|Luggage and personal effect delay expenses||$250|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits||Unlimited|
|Disruption of journey||$1,000|
|Alternative transport expenses||$5,000|
|Personal liability||$5 million|
|Rental vehicle excess||$5,000|
|Bad weather and avalanche closure||$750|
Applying for Ski-Insurance.com.au Professional Ski Travel Insurance
To apply for Competitive Ski Travel Insurance, you must be:
- An Australian resident
- 65 years or under at the time of application
- Purchasing your policy before you begin your journey
- Commencing and ending your journey in Australia
You also have a 14-day cooling off period and should you change your mind regarding the policy within this period, you can cancel your cover and any premiums paid to date will be fully reimbursed, provided that you have not started your journey or made a claim.