Travelling more than once in a year while hitting up the snow? Get Ski-Insurance.com.au Multi Trip Ski Travel Insurance
There are people who travel regularly to follow their favourite sporting team’s progress up the leaderboard and others who will jet from one country to the other to follow a car race. However, if you are more interested in holidays where you are closer to being a part of the action, you may regularly take skiing holidays throughout the year.
If you are an avid skier, then why would you exercise your skills and engage in this adventure sport just once a year when the right weather rolls into your part of the world? With the Ski-Insurance.com.au multi trip ski travel insurance policy, you can travel in search of the perfect falls as many times as you like in a year and you don’t need to take out a separate travel insurance policy each time.
Ski-Insurance.com.au multi trip travel insurance protects you with benefits for all of the features you would find in regular travel insurance policies, while also including those specific extras you need on a ski trip, such as reimbursement of lift passes and additional accommodation in the event of bad weather.
Who Underwrites Ski-Insurance.com.au Multi Trip Ski Travel Insurance?
This insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's, Ski Insurance is located on Level 11, 307 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia.
Features of Ski-Insurance.com.au Multi Trip Ski Travel Insurance Policy
Ski-insurance.com.au multi trip ski travel insurance plans will cover you for an unlimited number of journeys within a 12-month period and each trip must not exceed 21 days. You also have the option to choose worldwide or domestic only cover.
You will also have access to comprehensive features and benefits with your multi trip ski travel policy. These include:
- Emergency overseas medical assistance: You will have access to unlimited cover for emergency medical assistance while you are overseas, such as 24 hour medical assistance, ambulance, medical evacuations, funeral arrangements and hospital guarantees.
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital assistance: provides cover for any expenses incurred for overseas medical treatments, which include hospital care, surgeries, nursing care or emergency dental, if you are ill or injured for the duration of your travel. Cover also includes a hospital cash allowance of $50 per day for every day you are hospitalised for more than 48 continuous hours.
- Additional expenses: Your travel insurance will pay a benefit for additional accommodation and travel expenses if you are unable to travel because of a serious illness or injury,. You will also be covered if you have to return home because a relative has unexpectedly died or suffered a serious illness or been hospitalised and if your travelling companion cannot continue the journey because of illness or injury. This also includes a benefit payment to cover for the airfares needed when you are able to resume your journey where you left off.
- Accidental death: If you are injured on your journey and you pass away within 12 months of that journey, Ski-Insurance.com.au will provide a benefit payment to your dependants.
- Permanent disability: In the event that you suffer from a total loss of sight in one or both eyes, or loss of use of a hand or foot during your journey and loss is deemed likely to continue for an additional 12 months.
- Loss off income: When you become disabled within 30 days of sustaining an injury during your trip and you are unable to return to your normal occupation for more than 30 days after returning to Australia, Ski-Insurance.com.au will provide a weekly benefit.
- Lost deposits and cancellation fees: Ski-Insurance.com.au will provide cover for any cancellation fees and lost deposits in the event that you have to cancel pre-paid travel arrangements due to circumstances outside of your control, such as illness, injury, strikes, collisions, retrenchment or natural disasters.
- Loss and theft cover: You will be covered for the replacement costs for cash, credit cards, debit cards, travel money cards, travellers cheques and travel documents that are lost or stolen during your holiday. It will also cover you for any fraudulent charges made on your credit cards.
- Luggage and personal effects: provides cover for luggage and personal effects which are stolen or damaged. Also provides a benefit payment for you to purchase essential items if your luggage is delayed for more than 12 hours.
- Domestic pets and services cover: If you are injured on your journey you can also claim a benefit for housekeeping services when you return. If you have pets who were in boarding, a benefit will be paid if you are delayed in your return and incurred additional boarding fees and cover is available for vet fees if your pet was injured while you were away.
- Rental vehicle excess: If your hire car is in an accident or stolen, your ski travel insurance will pay the insurance excess. Your travel insurance can also pay any costs associated with returning your hire vehicle to the provider if you are unable to do so because of medical reasons.
Does Ski-insurance.com.au offer family policies?
Ski-insurance.com.au doesn't specifically offer family policies but your singles policy will automatically cover your dependants. Dependants are defined as children or grandchildren who:
- are under 21
- not working full-time
- travelling with you on your journey and
- listed by name on the certificate of insurance
They will be covered for everything you are but they won't get separate benefit limits. Instead, claims involving your dependants will be deducted from your benefit limits.
Built-In Protection Cover for Ski-Related Events with Ski-Insurance.com.au Multi Trip Ski Travel Insurance
Ski-Insurance.com.au has also tailored the features of multi trip ski travel insurance policy to include specific ski holiday cover such as:
- Emergency rescue: Your multi trip ski travel insurance will organise for an emergency evacuation from the slopes to the nearest hospital for treatment.
- Equipment hire: If your snow skiing equipment if lost, stolen or damaged, ski travel insurance includes a benefit for you to hire the equipment you need to continue with your holiday activities.
- Ski pack: If you become ill or injured on your ski holiday and are then unable to use ski passes, ski hire, tuitions, or lift passes, Ski-Insurance.com.au will reimburse you for the unused portions.
- Piste closure: If you are unable to ski at your chosen and pre-booked resort because of piste closure, your travel insurance will pay for travel to an alternative resort, or for the purchase of additional ski passes.
- Bad weather and avalanche closure: pays for your extra travel and accommodation expenses if your pre-booked outward or return journey is delayed for more than 12 hours because of bad weather or an avalanche.
How Much Cover will I Get with Ski-Insurance.com.au Multi Trip Travel Insurance Plan?
Depending on where you will be travelling to for your ski adventure - Australia only or worldwide, some policy features will only be available to multi-trip ski travel plans with worldwide cover.
The cover amount you get will also vary depending on the cover type that you have chosen - group, single or family cover, which can be found from the following table:
|Policy Features||Group (per person)||Single||Available for Domestic Cover?|
|Overseas emergency medical assistance||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Additional accommodation and travel expenses||$50,000||$50,000|
|Emergency companion cover||$50,000||$50,000|
|Resumption of journey||$3,000||$3,000|
|Hospital cash allowance||$5,000||$5,000|
|Loss of income||$10,400||$10,400|
|Card fraud and replacement||$5,000||$5,000|
|Travellers cheques and travel documents||$5,000||$5,000|
|Theft of cash||$250||$250|
|Luggage and personal effects||$5,000||$5,000|
|Luggage and personal effect delay expenses||$250||$250|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Disruption of journey||$1,000||$1,000|
|Alternative transport expenses||$5,000||$5,000|
|Personal liability||$5 million||$5 million|
|Rental vehicle excess||$5,000||$5,000|
|Snow ski equipment hire||$1,500||$1,500|
|Bad weather and avalanche closure||$750||$750|
Applying for Ski-Insurance.com.au Multi Trip Ski Travel Insurance
To be eligible to apply for multi-trip travel insurance from Ski-Insurance.com.au, you must be:
- A resident of Australia;
- Under 64 years of age at the time of application;
- Purchasing your policy prior to the start of your journey; and
- Commencing and ending your trip in Australia.
Your policy will be automatically set to worldwide cover and as previously mentioned, when you travel to Australia, only select features and benefits will be applicable to your cover. You can easily apply for cover online or over-the-phone.