Travel with peace of mind and ski in comfort with International Ski Travel Insurance from Ski-Insurance.com.au.
Ski travel is an adventurous pursuit and may not be one that is taken up on a whim. However, once you have dedicated yourself to skiing for many years and honing your skills, you may be seeking for premiere spots to test your skills even further. Of course, there comes a point in most adventures where we have to leave our own backyard. If you are in pursuit of skiing excellence, or just want to share in the experience of having tackled world class ski runs, you are going to have to travel internationally.
An international skiing holiday is a chance to see exotic and beautiful locations, while you test your skills and get your adrenalin hit. While the beauty and experiences of the locations themselves are an attractive part of your holiday, you are travelling for the skiing experience and Ski-Insurance.com.au offers dedicated cover to make sure that your ski holiday and skiing plans are protected, in the face of weather, cancellations, lost luggage and more.
Who Underwrites Ski-Insurance.com.au International Ski Travel Insurance?
This insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's, Ski Insurance is located on Level 11, 307 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia.
Features of Ski-Insurance.com.au International Ski Travel Insurance
Travel insurance can’t stop you from experiencing delays or choosing a tour company which goes out of business, but it can stop these disruptions from ruining your plans for a dream holiday. With Ski-insurance.com.au international ski travel insurance plan, you are covered for:
- Overseas emergency medical assistance: provides cover for emergency medical assistance while overseas, including ambulance, medical evacuations, funeral arrangements, getting messages to your family and hospital guarantees.
- Overseas emergency and hospital expenses: International ski travel insurance also covers the cost of medical treatment if you are injured or ill while overseas, including medical, hospital, surgical, nursing and emergency dental.
- Additional accommodation and travel expenses: If you are unable to travel because of illness or injury, your international ski travel insurance provides cover for additional accommodation and travel expenses until you are able to resume travelling.
- Family emergency: If your travelling companion or a relative of yours dies unexpectedly, is disabled by injury or is hospitalised, ski travel insurance provides cover for additional travel expenses to return home.
- Emergency companion cover: covers you for the costs of additional accommodation and travel of your travelling companion becomes unable to continue the planned journey because if illness or injury.
- Resumption of journey: is where your journey has been cut short because of your return home to see a relative who has unexpectedly been hospitalised or has passed away, ski travel insurance pays a benefit for the cost of your airfares to resume your journey.
- Hospital cash allowance: pays you $50 for each day you are hospitalised overseas for more than 48 continuous hours.
- Accidental death benefit: Your ski travel insurance policy will pay a benefit to your estate or beneficiaries if you die as result of an injury from your journey, or you die within 12 months of that injury.
- Permanent disability: If you become permanently disabled as the result of an injury sustained on your journey, your ski travel insurance will pay a disability benefit. A permanent disability is the total loss of sight in one or both eyes, or the loss of the use of a hand or a foot, for at least 12 months, where the disability is expected to persist indefinitely.
- Loss of income: If you are unable to work when you return to Australia as the result of an injury on your journey, your travel insurance will pay a weekly loss of income benefit. You must have become disabled within 30 days of the injury and be unable to work for more than 30 days when you return.
- Credit card loss and fraud: If your credit cards, debit cards or travel money are lost or stolen while you are travelling, Ski-insurance.com.au international ski travel insurance will cover the replacement cost and for any fraudulent use on your cards.
- Travellers cheques and travel documents: If your travel documents or travellers cheques are lost or stolen on your journey, you will receive a benefit for the replacement cost.
- Theft of cash: Your travel insurance protects you with a benefit in case your bank notes, cash, currency notes, postal orders or money orders are stolen.
- Luggage and personal effects: Includes cover for the replacement of your luggage or personal items if they are stolen, or for their repair if they are damaged.
Comprehensive coverage for ski-related events
Your ski travel insurance also includes specific features to protect all of your important skiing holiday activities. These include:
- Emergency rescue: Covers your evacuation from the ski slopes to the nearest hospital if you require treatment.
- Snow ski equipment hire: Provides you with a benefit to hire alternative snow skiing equipment if your own equipment is lost, damaged or stolen.
- Ski pack: Covers you for the cost of any unused ski passes, ski hire, tuition or lift passes if you are unable to use them because of illness or injury.
- Piste closure: Includes cover for travel to an alternative resort, or allows you to purchase additional ski passes if you are unable to ski at your chosen resort because of piste closure.
- Bad weather and avalanche closure: If your pre booked journey outward or home is delayed for more than 12 hours because of bad weather or avalanche, ski travel insurance provides a benefit for additional travel and accommodation.
How Much Cover will I Get with Ski-Insurance.com.au International Ski Travel Insurance Plan?
Ski-insurance.com.au offers three cover types for your international ski travel insurance plan - single, group or family cover and the amount of cover you receive will depend on the cover option you have nominated.
Single plan covers you and your dependants travelling with you, while family plan covers you and your family members. If you are travelling in a large group of more than 10 people, you may want to opt for a group plan instead and each person will have access to the ski travel insurance cover.
The breakdown of cover amount for each plan can be found from the following table:
|Policy Features||Group (per person)||Single||Family|
|Overseas emergency medical assistance||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Additional accommodation and travel expenses||$50,000||$50,000||$100,000|
|Emergency companion cover|
|Resumption of journey||$3,000||$3,000||$6,000|
|Hospital cash allowance||$5,000||$5,000||$100,000|
|Loss of income||$10,400||$10,400||$20,800|
|Card fraud and replacement||$5,000||$5,000||$10,000|
|Travellers cheques and travel documents|
|Theft of cash||$250||$250||$250|
|Luggage and personal effects||$5,000||$5,000||$10,000|
|Luggage and personal effects delay expenses||$250||$250||$500|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Disruption of journey||$1,000||$1,000||$2,000|
|Alternative transport expenses||$5,000||$5,000||$10,000|
|Personal liability||$5 million||$5 million||$5 million|
|Rental vehicle excess||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000|
|Snow ski equipment hire||$1,500||$1,500||$3,000|
|Bad weather and avalanche closure||$750||$750||$1,500|
Applying for Ski Insurance.com.au International Ski Travel Insurance Cover
To be eligible to apply for international ski travel cover from Ski Insurance.com.au, you must be:
- An Australian resident;
- Under the age of 65 at the time of application;
- Purchasing your policy prior to the start of your snow trip;
- Commencing and ending your journey in Australia.
Nominating your geographical region for your ski travel insurance policy with Ski-insurance.com.au
When you apply for cover, you must also nominate the geographical region of the destination you are heading to from the following:
- Region 1 - Worldwide: North, Central and South America (including Hawaii and the Caribbean), Japan, Africa, Middle East, Antarctica and any other destination that is not listed.
- Region 2 - Europe: Europe, Russia and United Kingdom.
- Region 3 - Asia: Excluding Russia, Japan and Bali
- Region 4 - Pacific: American Samoa, Ashmore and Cartier Islands, Bali, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Island, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Heard Island & McDonald Island, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis and Futuna Islands.
- Region 5 - Domestic: Australia, including Thursday Island.
You also have 14-day cooling off once your policy has commenced. You can cancel your cover at any within this period and any premiums paid will be fully refunded.