Hitting the Australian slopes? Make sure you're covered for emergencies with Ski-Insurance.com.au Domestic Ski Travel Insurance
When you are taking out travel insurance you don’t want to be paying for coverage and features you don’t want or won’t be using. This is why Ski-Insurance.com.au has developed a range of travel insurance policies dedicated to snow adventure holiday goers, which can also be tailored to your specific needs and budget. So, if you are planning to travel within Australia only on your ski travels, you can choose just the domestic cover options with Ski-Insurance.com.au.
Who Underwrites Ski-Insurance.com.au Domestic Ski Travel Insurance?
This insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's, Ski Insurance is located on Level 11, 307 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia.
Ski-Insurance.com.au Travel Insurance Options to Cover Your Next Domestic Ski Trips
Ski-Insurance.com.au offers three travel insurance plans for your ski holiday, so you can choose the option and the features which best suit you:
- International: The features of Plan A provide cover for specified geographical regions. To take out ski travel insurance under Plan A, you must nominate the geographical regions which are applicable to your journey.
- Australia only: In Plan B the geographical region is fixed for domestic cover and any eligible claims must be for loss within this geographical region. Stopovers in other geographical regions are not covered.
- Multi-trip: This level of cover defaults to worldwide cover; however, while you are travelling within Australia you will be automatically covered for the domestic only policy features.
Key Features of Ski-Insurance.com.au Domestic Ski Travel Insurance Cover
Ski-Insurance.com.au domestic ski travel insurance includes all the general features and benefits you need from a travel insurance policy. These include:
- Additional accommodation and travel expenses: if you are unable to travel because of illness or injury.
- Family emergency cover: to allow for additional travel expenses for you to return to a family member who is sick, disabled or dies.
- Emergency companion cover: of additional travel and accommodation expenses if your travelling companion cannot continue the journey because of illness or injury.
- Accidental death benefit: Ski-Insurance.com.au will provide a benefit payment to your dependants in the event of your death that is caused by an injury during your trip.
- Permanent disability benefit: You will receive a benefit payment if you permanently lose sight on one or both eyes, or loss of use of a hand or foot within 12 months of suffering an injury during your trip.
- Loss of income: In the event that you are disabled within 30 days of sustaining an injury during your trip and you are unable to work within 30 days of returning to Australia, you will be eligible for a weekly loss of income benefit.
- Replacement or repair of luggage and personal effects: that are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits: If your trip is cancelled because of circumstances outside of your control, Ski-Insurance.com.au will cover any lost deposits and cancellation fees for pre-paid travel arrangements.
- Disruption of journey: You will be covered for any additional meals and accommodation expenses if your trip has been delayed for more than six hours due to circumstances outside of your control.
- Personal liability: You will be covered for legal liability, which includes legal expenses due to bodily injuries or damages to other persons properties.
- Rental vehicle excess: Ski-Insurance.com.au will cover the excess payable on your rented motor vehicle if it's been stolen, crashed or damaged.
All inclusive policy features to cover your ski-related plans
Ski-Insurance.com.au domestic ski travel insurance policy also offers comprehensive cover for events specific to skiing holidays, which include:
- Emergency rescue: You are covered for emergency rescue from the slopes and transport to the nearest hospital for treatment.
- Snow ski equipment hire: provides a benefit if your equipment is lost, damaged or stolen, to allow you to hire the equipment you need to continue with your holiday.
- Ski pack: If you are ill or injured and unable to use ski passes, ski hire, tuition or lift passes, ski travel insurance will reimburse you for the value of these unused bookings.
- Piste closure: provides cover for travel to an alternative resort or the purchase of additional ski passes if you are unable to ski at your booked resort because of piste closure.
- Bad weather and avalanche: pays a benefit for additional accommodation and travel expenses if your pre booked journey to or from your destination is delayed for more than 12 hours because of bad weather or avalanche.
Nominate your cover type
Depending on your travel needs, you can choose the most suitable plan for you if you are going to the snow with family and friends:
- Single cover: provides cover for you and any dependents travelling with you and the benefits payable for each cover amount apply to the single cover limit.
- Group cover: covers you and all persons named on the certificate of insurance, for a minimum of 10 people. One certificate of insurance is issued with the policy, covering all named people as though they were insured under their own individual policy.
- Family cover: covers you and all members of your family who are travelling with you and the benefit limits apply to the total of all claims, not the number of persons related to the claim.
Applying for Ski-Insurance.com.au Domestic Ski Travel Insurance
You can apply for domestic ski travel insurance with Ski-Insurance.com.au if:
- You are an Australian resident;
- You purchase the policy before the start of your ski holiday;
- You start and end your journey in Australia; and
- You are 65 years or under.
When you apply for ski travel insurance you must inform the insurer whether you are entitled to claim an input tax credit in respect of your premium and include the amount of the tax input credit as a percentage. If you don’t provide this information you may have a liability to pay GST if you are paid a claim from the policy.