Browse global and shop local with major online fashion retailers like Urban Outfitters.
Urban Outfitters has made its name in trend-focussed fashion, accessories, and homewares for men and women. If you know Urban Outfitters and want some ideas for where to find a similar style, look no further. We have compiled a list of the most similar stores to Urban Outfitters in style and shopping experience.
Local and US sites like Urban Outfitters
Australian stores like Urban Outfitters
Do you want to shop at Urban Outfitters? If your answer is yes, click here:
1. General Pants Co. - For shoppers who love a curated collection of boutique and streetwear labels.
General Pants Co. is the Aussie retail destination for street, skate and surf apparel for men and women and alternative to Urban Outfitters. Its impressive collection of brands such as Cheap Monday, Ksubi, Nudie Jeans, and One Teaspoon put it firmly in the trend-conscious Gen Y category.
- Free express delivery on all orders over $75 (3–4 days).
- 10 day returns for online purchases if you change your mind, provided the item is in the original condition.
- 15% student discount available.
2. ASOS - Discover the choice available when you shop with one of the world’s major fashion marketplaces.
ASOS has more than earned its fashion credentials during recent years after bursting on the retail scene offering fast and convenient access to the world’s hottest trends, 24-hours a day. This is an ideal alternative to Urban Outfitters if you like trend focussed young vibes. Check out ASOS.
- 10% student discount.
- Free standard shipping when you spend $40 or over (5–7 business days).
- Free express shipping when you spend $125 or more (2–3 business days).
3. Dissh - For girls who like their clothes to be chosen from the best Australian and international boutique labels.
Dissh Boutiques nestles itself firmly in between an upscale boutique and a street wear store. Its labels include Cameo, One Teaspoon, Faithfull, All About Eve, and Shakuhachi and is an alternative to Urban Outfitters when you want to shop locally.
- 0% student discount available.
- Free shipping on all orders over $70 (1–3 business days).
- Exchanges available for change of mind within 14 days of delivery.
4. Beginning Boutique - Bringing together a colourful, relaxed Aussie seaside vibe with a big dose of femininity.
An alternative to Urban Outfitters, Beginning Boutique is an Australian online boutique for women. It stocks labels such as Afends, Windsor Smith, Sol Sana, Finders Keepers, One Teaspoon, Somedays Lovin, and Evil Twin.
- 10% student discounts and special offers for members.
- Free express shipping on all orders (1–3 business days).
- Exchanges or credit notes available for returns for reason of change of mind.
5. Missguided -Explore the world of fashion at your fingertips with Missguided.
Missguided is a UK based online store that ships worldwide and has a localised Australian site. It allows trend-conscious Aussies to shop in AUD and have access to great Australian-only offers like free shipping when you spend over a certain amount.
- Free shipping on orders over $80 (10–15 working days)
- 15% student discount.
- 14 days returns available for unused items in a new condition including for reason of change of mind.
6. Forever New - The Melbourne born designer that’s making a splash on the international online retail scene. Shop the brand as a girly alternative to Urban Outfitters.
Forever New is an Australian based design house and fashion retailer that stocks feminine and ladylike clothes for women. While Forever New only sells its own in-house label, it is large enough to refresh its stock everyday. Just like Missguided, it gives a discount to those who need it most: students receive 10% off at the checkout.
- Easy returns online.
- Free standard shipping when you spend $50 or more (a flat $7.95 will be charged if you spend under $50). Estimated delivery time: 3–7 business days.
- Express delivery available for $9.95 per order. Estimated delivery time: 1–3 business days.
7. THE ICONIC - The major online destination for Aussie fashion addicts.
Here in Australia, THE ICONIC hardly needs an introduction. The combination of great labels (Lover, Camilla and Marc, Ginger and Smart, Cameo, Adidas, Ben Sherman, and more) and dedication to superfast delivery and super convenient shopping have made it ‘the one to beat’ in Australia online retail.
- Free returns for 100 days, for any reason.
- Free express delivery (overnight) for orders over $50 (Sydney only)
- Same day delivery (under 4 hours) for orders made before 5pm AEST on business days (Sydney metro only).
8. SurfStitch - Sea, sun, and surf fashion for men and women online.
SurfStitch is a big name in Australian (and international) surf, skate, street, and snow wear. The store stocks big brands including Nike SB, AM Eyewear, Hurley, Vans, RVCA, Dakine, Cheap Monday, Dr Martens, Lee, and more.
- Free returns for orders over $99.
- Free express shipping for orders over $50.
- Free gift with purchases over $100.
9. Free People - For fashion lovers who like to let their hair down and their bohemian side run wild.
Free People is a US fashion brand that creates high quality, designer clothes that have an unmistakable festival-ready vibe.
- Free shipping for orders over USD$100 (6–12 business days).
- Express shipping available for USD$10 (3–6 business days)
- 30 day returns available (refunds only) for reason of change of mind. The cost of shipping is the customer's responsibility.
10. Forever 21 - Forever 21 is a huge fashion brand, set firmly in the fast and affordable fashion category.
It only produces and sells its own label and looks to worldwide trends to reproduce ‘hot right now’ styles at an accessible price point.
- Shipping to Australia available for USD$38 and upwards. (10–16 business days)
- 30 day returns available.
- Gift cards available.
11. Pac Sun - It’s no wonder PacSun is so loved by Aussie fashion addicts: a relaxed surfer and skater style comes naturally.
PacSun is California based and stocks a range of big and boutique street, skate, and surf brands.
- Free standard shipping for orders of $150 or more. (7–16 business days)
- Express shipping with DHL available (3–5 days). Cost depends on weight.
- 60 days returns (no exchanges).
Today's Fashion Coupon Codes & Sales
Get it cheaper! Use a coupon code to save money off your buy, or take advantage of an epic sale. Hurry – these never last long!
Show code & visit siteUN****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteNE****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Which alternative sites to Urban Outfitters that will deliver faster?
Urban Outfitters’ standard shipping takes 10–12 business days to arrive. You can also choose the express option at the checkout which will take your delivery timeframe down to 5–7 business days.
All packages from Urban Outfitters are shipped from the US. If you want faster shipping, try stores closer to home. For example, The Iconic (overnight and same day delivery to Sydney metro and 2–4 business days elsewhere), Forever New (express 1–3 business days, and standard 2–5 business days) or ASOS Australia (standard 5–7 business days, and express 2–3 business days).
Which sites sell fashion like Urban Outfitters but cheaper?
Urban Outfitters stocks quite a wide range of items from different brands and prices vary accordingly. Also, due to Urban Outfitters’ high turnover and range, they frequently have sales, so if you are after a bargain be sure to click on the ‘sale’ section of the menu bar.
On average, girls can pick up a dress for around $50–150 and guys can grab a shirt for around $40–120.
If you like to keep prices a bit lower, you could try ASOS, which has very comparable prices, but also sports a large sale section, so you might get lucky.
Which alternative Australian sites sell similar / the same brands as Urban Outfitters?
Urban Outfitters stock a great range of brands. The trouble is, when you’re getting items shipped from overseas it can take longer and be more expensive. You can also find brands like Adidas at Australian online stores THE ICONIC and SurfStitch. And if you love affordable girl’s street label MinkPink, you can also find their line in Beginning Boutique and Dissh.
Which alternative sites have a similar returns policy to Urban Outfitters?
If you change your mind about your purchase and want to return it – no problem! Urban Outfitters has an easy returns policy for in-country returns. Simply register your returns online, print out the returns postage paid label and fix it to your package. A postage fee of USD$5 will be deducted from your refund.
Which alternative sites have similar payment methods to Urban Outfitters?
Urban Outfitters accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, China Union Pay, Diners Club, PayPal, Urban Outfitters Gift Cards and Merchandise Credits.
Boutique sized and Australia based stores almost always accept Visa, MasterCard, PayPal and American Express.