Sites like American Apparel for casual-cool fashion
Shop like every cool-girl at these alternatives to American Apparel.
We all love American Apparel for it's cotton basics and retro-inspired styles, but since American Apparel is no longer available in Australia (cue: teary eyes), we sought to find a few alternatives.
1. Urban Outfitters If you love the retro inspired styles at American Apparel, you'll love shopping at Urban Outfitters. Urban Outfitters is a place for streetwear with a vintage twist that millenials just can't get enough of.
They understand their audience and have the right range of fashion items and accessories to match
You can often save with their sale offers
Free delivery and returns is available when you spend over $50. Note returns cost $5 in Australia.
2. ASOS With one of the largest collections of fashion pieces, many of the brands and capsules on ASOS have a similar retro-chic aestheic at the style at American Apparel. Plus, ASOS has a well-stocked outlet section and free shipping deals.
4. Cotton On Like American Apparel, Cotton On is a store for quality basics that don't cost the earth. Both stores have a commitment to sustainability and fair wages. If you're looking for another store you can feel good about shopping at, try Cotton On.
8. Missguided From the outside, Missguided's pink and feminine appearance may not seem all that similar to the retro-with-a-twist staple style at American Apparel. But Missguided has throusands of styles with a collection of street and retro-chic pieces that American A
9. PrettyLittleThing Pretty Little Thing is a store for women who aren't afraid to stand out from the crowd. Like American Apparel, the styles at Pretty Little Thing are loud, edgy but wearable at the same time.
Sarah is our shopping & lifestyle publisher here at finder.com.au. She'll help you find the perfect gift, an unbeatable flight deal, the hottest fashion sales and pretty much anything else you're looking for - all at a discount, naturally.
finder.com.au is one of Australia's leading comparison websites. We compare from a wide set of major banks, insurers and product issuers.
finder.com.au has access to track details from the product issuers listed on our sites. Although we provide information on the products offered by a wide range of issuers, we don't cover every available product. You should consider whether the products featured on our site are appropriate for your needs and seek independent advice if you have any questions.
The identification of a group of products, as 'Top' or 'Best' is a reflection of user preferences based on current website data. On a regular basis, analytics drive the creation of a list of popular products. Where these products are grouped, they appear in no particular order.
Where our site links to particular products or displays 'Go to site' buttons, we may receive a commission, referral fee or payment.
We try to take an open and transparent approach and provide a broad based comparison service. However, you should be aware that while we are an independently owned service, our comparison service does not include all providers or all products available in the market.
Some product issuers may provide products or offer services through multiple brands, associated companies or different labelling arrangements. This can make it difficult for consumers to compare alternatives or identify the companies behind the products. However, we aim to provide information to enable consumers to understand these issues.
Providing or obtaining an estimated insurance quote through us does not guarantee you can get the insurance. Acceptance by insurance companies is based on things like occupation, health and lifestyle. By providing you with the ability to apply for a credit card or loan we are not guaranteeing that your application will be approved. Your application for credit products is subject to the Provider's terms and conditions as well as their application and lending criteria.