8 sites like AliExpress you should know about
Rummage for treasure at these online shopping sites like AliExpress that combine a huge range, bargain prices and worldwide shipping.
The introduction of online marketplaces like AliExpress revolutionised the way we shop and opened the door to a world of possibilities for bargain hunters and savvy shoppers.
These sites keep prices low by importing items directly from manufacturers, collectors, and designers straight to an online shopper’s front door. They are a must for hard-to-find items and boast competitive prices and fast worldwide shipping.
If you know AliExpress but want to branch out, read on. Here is our pick of eight sites that offer a comparable range and similar prices for electronics, fashion and more.
Which of these AliExpress alternatives offer free delivery?
- – Free shipping for select items
- Fishpond – Free shipping for all items
- LightInTheBox – Free shipping available for some items
- eBay – Free shipping available for some items
Which of these sites accept Paypal?
How do I know I can trust these sites like AliExpress?
Each of these sites offers their own privacy and security options, ensuring you a safe user experience while shopping online. It's important to note that these sites will not contact you out of the blue asking for personal information, and any cases of this should be reported directly to the site's customer support channel.
For sites like ebay, Etsy and LightInTheBox that use third-party sellers, most will offer some form of a review system. It's recommended to purchase items from sellers with high reviews for added security.
- LightInTheBox: Your personal information and data will not be sold, traded or licensed and any payments and transactions will be done with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. LightInTheBox is a PayPal verified site, meaning they've passed the required security checks to continue using the PayPal network.
- ebay: It's recommended to pay users (and accept payments from users) using secure payment systems like PayPal, so if any issues arise, you'll have a customer support system to contact. ebay also offers its Money Back Guarantee, ensuring that when you don't receive an item or what you've received isn't what you purchased, you'll be able to get a refund.
- Amazon: Any personal information gathered by Amazon is not shared or sold onward, and all transactions are done using SSL software. Amazon is also committed to ethical workplace practices, meaning it works with business that offer fair wages, safe workplaces, legal working hours and fair and ethical treatment of it's workers.
- Etsy: Like other third-party selling websites, Etsy uses PayPal, which is a good way to avoid any fraudulent charges as they'll be easily traced between the buyer, seller, Etsy and PayPal. It's also a good idea, as Etsy sellers are not pre-screened, to check user reviews or contact the seller before making a purchase.
- Mydeal.com.au: As a Google-trusted store, up to $1000 of protection is offered so you can shop without worrying. All payments are done over eWAY's payment system and are secure with SSL encryption.
- SammyDress: Personal information gathered during payment and sign-in is not sold or traded from SammyDress and all employees sign confidentiality agreements to not pass any personal customer information onward. There's also a 24-hour live customer service chat should you encounter any problems along your buying journey.
- Bonanza: Any PayPal purchases made on Bonanza are covered by PayPal Buyer Protection, offering an added sense of security. It's also a Norton Secured site promising encrypted data transmission with an SSL Certificate.
- Fishpond: Your personal information will not be sold or traded onward from Fishpond, and all items will have a star-rating, which should help you feel more secure about your purchase.
Want to shop at these sites like AliExpress? Use one of our coupons:
More guides on Finder
Back to school costs 2024
Parents will fork out $20.3 billion on back to school costs this year - $3,621 each for primary students and $6,957 for secondary students.
Australian bushfire crisis: How Afterpay is helping
The payment service has pledged to donate a minimum of $200,000 to the Australian Red Cross in support of impacted communities.
30+ Australian stores and brands donating profits to the bushfire appeal
Here are some of the retailers offering profits and proceeds to those affected by the fires if you're planning on doing any shopping.
Podcast: The real cost of fast fashion
On this episode of Pocket Money, we investigate the impacts that the fashion industry has on people and the planet, and how to slow it down.
Trenery discount codes and coupons November 2023
Trenery is a fashion label for men and women offering clean, classic cuts and quality craftsmanship with free standard delivery for orders of $100 and more.
Young males love shopping, prefer going in-store
See what the data says and other remarkable trends in the AMP Report. Right now there are plenty of opportunities, and bargains, to go around.
Our top sites offering Afterpay plus the full list of shops for 2023
Did you know that you can now buy now and pay later with these 50 stores?
Australia Post prices are going up again (yes, really)
Your Christmas shopping just got a little more expensive.
Australian GST change: How to still save with online shopping
Australian online shoppers will soon pay an extra 10% on goods purchased from overseas.
The 60+ best online shopping sites in Australia November 2023
Whether you're after fashion, beauty, tech or homewares, we've got a list of great online stores that you need to know about.
Ask an Expert