Singapore Airport just went to the next level with its newest addition
The best airport in the world just got even better.
Not content with just being the best layover airport in the world, Singapore Changi Airport is blowing all other airports out of the water with its latest extension.
From 17 April, travellers will be able to access Jewel Changi Airport which offers a whole slew of options to dine, play, shop and stay.
Featuring a steel and glass facade, Jewel is located landside and attached to Changi Terminal 1 but will also have easy access from Terminals 2 and 3.
Singapore Airport already features the world's only airport butterfly garden, a movie theatre and complimentary guided tours of Singapore. Jewel will offer a vast array of new experiences for Aussie travellers to enjoy including:
- Forest Valley - a four-storey garden filled with lush greenery and not to mention one of Singapore's largest indoor collection of plants
- Rain Vortex - the world's tallest indoor waterfall sitting at 40m high, which also transforms into a light and sound show at night
- Canopy Park - located on the topmost level, you'll find canopy mazes, a bouncing net, walking net and a 50m-long canopy bridge suspended 23 metres above ground
- Over 280 retail stores and eateries so you can indulge in some serious retail therapy or try dishes from all around the world.
Ivan Tan, group senior vice president, corporate and marketing communications, at Changi Airport Group said, "Jewel's unique mix of lush greenery and curated offerings that are a first in the region will add a new dimension to the overall #OnlyAtChangi experience for Australians. We are excited to welcome more travellers to Changi Airport, to a medley of new experiences integrating nature, play and retail."
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?