Earn direct KrisFlyer miles and use the platinum concierge service with the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card.
The Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Westpac credit cards here.
The Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card links the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum American Express card with the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum Visa card. This allows you to benefit from American Express’s rewards program while letting you take advantage of Visa’s international acceptance.
You will get a platinum concierge service along with additional features like complimentary insurance and interest free days, too.
Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum Card Review
With the card’s rewards program you can earn anywhere from 0.5 of a KrisFlyer miles to 1.5 miles or each $1 you spend depending on where you shop. You can earn double the miles if you use your platinum credit card when purchasing flights or upgrades.
The Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card is a rewards card that allows you to earn KrisFlyer miles when you make purchases with the card. That means that you can use this credit card on any type of purchase including everyday things like groceries or fuel. Since the card is backed by both Visa and American Express you can use the credit card wherever both cards are accepted.
Besides the rewards program you can also benefit from the other features of the credit card. Enjoy complimentary travel insurance, purchase protection, and strong security features. Westpac also offers special promotions that can help you save money, too. You should also keep in mind that the minimum credit limit on this card is $6,000 and that there is an annual fee of $250 While this fee might seem steep, it covers all of the platinum features.
The Benefits of the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum Card
- Complimentary insurances. Along with platinum concierge service, competitive rates, and balance transfers you’ll also be able to get complimentary insurance. This includes overseas travel insurance for trips up to 6 months, transit accident insurance coverage, purchase protection, and extended warranties.
- Rewards program. For every $1 you spend through your Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card you can earn between a 1.5 KrisFlyer miles. These miles can be used toward travel expenses through Singapore Airlines and over 20 airline partners.
Features of the Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card
- Competitive rates and fees. The Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card offers competitive rates on purchases and cash advances as well as competitive fees. You will pay a variable interest rate of 19.74% p.a. on purchases and a 20.49% p.a. on cash advances. These interest rates are charged to you in return for using the line of credit through the credit card.
- Balance transfer offer. A balance transfer allows you to take the balance of another credit card with a higher interest rate and move it over to your Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum credit card. This allows you to save money on interest payments while consolidating your debt into one bill. Westpac has a special offer on balance transfers periodically to help you save even more money.
- Security features. Your credit card will come with an embedded microchip for security purposes. You’ll also be able to take advantage of Westpac’s Cardshield service that can help defend against credit card fraud. There is also a money back guarantee for fraudulent transactions as well as online protection through the Verified by Visa program. Simply register for the program and you’ll be able to shop on the internet with a renewed confidence.
- Interest free days. Westpac also offers interest free days on purchases. When you pay a closing balance by a designated due date you will receive up to 45 days interest free on purchases. These special days will allow you to make purchases without paying the 19.74% p.a. on them. This will save you money and help you accumulate your reward miles easier since you’ll be more inclined to make purchases during this period.