Singapore Airlines HighFlyer business rewards program
Turn business trips into frequent flyer rewards for you and your employees with the Singapore Airlines HighFlyer program.
Launched in July 2017, this corporate travel rewards scheme gives you a way to earn points for your business and up to 30 employees when you fly with Singapore Airlines and SilkAir. While your business will earn HighFlyer points for each trip booked through the program, registered employees will also earn Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Miles for their personal frequent flyer accounts.
Use this guide to learn more about the program, including how to signup for HighFlyer membership and reward options. Also, find out what else you should consider before deciding whether this frequent flyer program is right for your business travel needs.
How can I join the HighFlyer program?
There is no spending requirement or cost for your business to enroll in the HighFlyer program. However you, and the employees you want to add to the account, need to be members of the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer program (which is also free to join). You can then sign up online using the following steps:
- Go to the Singapore Airlines website and click on the “For Businesses” link at the top of the page. This will take you to the corporate section, which lists different schemes.
- Scroll down to the “Singapore Airlines HighFlyer” section and click on “Enrol now”.
- Provide your company information, personal contact information, KrisFlyer membership details and travel budget requirements.
- Click on “continue” and follow the prompts to complete your registration.
Earning points through the HighFlyer program
When your business is registered for the HighFlyer program, you’ll earn 5 HighFlyer points for each Singapore dollar spent on eligible flights taken by you or other employees registered with the program. If your business is based in Australia, this works out to be about 5 points per AUD$0.95 spent on fares with Singapore Airlines or SilkAir.
Here’s a summary of the other key requirements you need to meet to earn points through your Singapore Airlines HighFlyer business account:
Earn rate. The amount of points you earn is based on the fare cost in Singapore dollars and excludes any airport taxes or other government surcharges.
Eligible fares. You and your employees will earn points on all fares that are eligible for earning Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer points. This includes flights in economy, premium economy and business class but may exclude some discounted or sale tickets.
Bookings. You can earn points for flights that you book online through the HighFlyer booking facility. You can also make bookings via Singapore Airlines-appointed travel agents, through the contact centre or through ticket offices. Remember to quote your HighFlyer membership number to earn points.
Eligible travellers. Only travel that’s booked for registered employees with active KrisFlyer memberships will be eligible to earn HighFlyer points for your business, as well as KrisFlyer points for their personal frequent flyer accounts.
Points earned through this program will be credited after the flights are completed, usually within four weeks of the flights. If HighFlyer points (from a valid flight) are not credited to your account by that time, you can apply for them to be retroactively credited within six months of your flight.
Using HighFlyer points
HighFlyer points can be used to pay for future work flights booked with Singapore Airlines or SilkAir. You need a minimum of 3,000 HighFlyer points to make a redemption and each point is worth SG$0.01 of a flight booking. Converted to Australian dollars, this is about 1 point per AUD$0.0095.
As an example, a return economy flight from Singapore to Bangkok that’s worth SG$425 (AUD$404.26) would use up 42,500 HighFlyer points. You could also combine points and cash for one flight booking. So, in the example above, if you had 20,000 HighFlyer points available, you could redeem them to pay for some of the flight and use cash to pay for the remaining SG$225 (AUD$214.02).
Can I use HighFlyer points for anything else?
Unlike other corporate frequent flyer programs, you can’t transfer these points to an individual frequent flyer account or redeem them for anything else. Instead, the points you earn for your business must go towards work-related flights taken by you and your employees.
However, each eligible flight taken will earn the traveller KrisFlyer Miles for a personal frequent flyer account. This means that both the business and individual employees can benefit from the program.
What else do I need to know about the HighFlyer program?
If you’re thinking of registering your business for the Singapore Airlines HighFlyer program, make sure you consider the following factors:
- Account management. You can manage your HighFlyer account online via the Singapore Airlines website. This includes adding or removing eligible travellers, booking flights, using points and tracking activity. You can also assign an administrator to manage your account.
- Potential savings for your business. Based on the earn rate of 5 HighFlyer points per $1 spent and the redemption value of SG$0.01 per point, your business could save 5% on flights booked with Singapore Airlines and SilkAir.
- Tickets. Only electronic tickets will be issued through the online booking service. If tickets are not used, you may also be eligible for a refund on some taxes, fees and passenger service charges that were are incorporated into the ticket price. Contact Singapore Airlines for more information.
- Booking verification. When bookings are made through the online corporate booking platform, the travelling employee won’t have to provide the credit card used to pay for the fare – as long as your company has accepted the conditions of use of the online booking facility.
- Point expiry. Your HighFlyer points are valid for three years from when they are earned. After that, they will be removed from your account.
- KrisFlyer points. KrisFlyer points are earned for individual travellers who are included as registered employees on a HighFlyer corporate account. These points are subject to the terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer program.
- Currency conversion. All point and dollar values for the HighFlyer program are based on Singapore or US dollars. If your business is based on Australia, this means the value of this program will vary based on currency fluctuations.
- Currency fees. As Singapore Airlines is based overseas, you may have to pay a 2-4% foreign transaction fee for bookings made with an Australian debit or credit card. This could apply even when the tickets are shown in Australian dollars, so make sure you check with your provider and factor in any additional costs.
What if my business books travel for more employees?
The HighFlyer program is designed specifically for small and medium-sized organisations with up to 30 travelling employees. If your business is bigger than this, you could consider the Singapore Airlines Corporate Travel Programme, which offers preferential fares for your business travel bookings and earns employees KrisFlyer Miles.
To sign up for the Singapore Airlines Corporate Travel Programme, your business needs to spend a minimum of US$25,000 (approximately AUD$32,868) per year on flights with Singapore Airlines. Alternatively, you may want to consider a different business frequent flyer program, such as Qantas Business Rewards or Virgin Australia accelerate.
The Singapore Airlines HighFlyer business rewards program gives you a way to save on business flights booked with either Singapore Airlines or SilkAir, and at the same time rewards employees with KrisFlyer points for their individual frequent flyer accounts. While this program is free to join, it’s worth comparing it with other options so you can find the right corporate travel program for your needs.Back to top
Supercharge your frequent flyer points with Points Finder
Ask an Expert