Save time, reduce admin & paperwork, earn Flybuys and manage your cash flow.
The Shell Card is designed for businesses to save time managing fuel and fleet expenses. It offers multiple cards linked to a single account, with customisable transaction limits and expense tracking and reporting options.
How does the Shell Card work?
This card is available for business owners who run one or more vehicles, with additional cards available for employees. At the end of each billing cycle, you’re issued with a single invoice for all fuel expenditures across the business.
The Shell Card offers individual reports for each card linked to the account for more convenient management of vehicles. Through the Shell Card Online facility, you can monitor details such as fuel consumption and specific transactions. You can also choose what your employees can purchase with the card.
Benefits of the Shell Card
Here are some of the key benefits of this unique product:
- Simplified bookkeeping. By consolidating your fuel costs into a single tax invoice, you can save time on administration, simplify BAS submissions and easily manage expense claims.
- Multiple repayment term options. Available payment terms are weekly, twice monthly and monthly. Payments can be made via direct debit through a credit card or debit card. Payment fee is 0.8% per transaction.
- Earn rewards. Earn 0.5 Flybuys points per $1 spent when you use your Shell Card at any Shell Coles Express site.
- Card acceptance. You can use your Shell Card at over 1,250 locations across Australia, including around 180 truck-friendly sites. Shell also offers a network of unmanned truck stops with low-cost refuelling options for heavy vehicle customers.
- Fuel and fleet management. The Shell Fuel Card provides individual spending and fuel consumption data. It also allows you to set specific limits on how, when and where your drivers use their cards.
- Fraud protection. The online card management portal allows you to set purchase controls to help prevent fraudulent use. Other anti-fraud features include individual PINs for each card and a 24-hour customer service phone line so you can block, cancel or reissue compromised cards.
What else do I need to know about the Shell Card?
Take note of these details to help decide if the Shell Card will suit your business’s needs:
- Card costs. The Shell Card account costs $2.50 per card per month.
- Full payment required. With this card, you must pay the full amount listed on your invoice by the due date.
- Late or partial payment penalty. If you don’t pay the full amount of your invoice by the due date, you may be charged simple interest on the overdue amount from the due date until payment. This will accrue daily and be calculated at 5% above the AFMA 90-Days Bank Bill Swap Reference Rate (Average Mid).
How to apply for the Shell Card
If you want to apply for a Shell Card, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- ABN. You must have an Australian Business Number to apply for this card.
Provided you meet these conditions, you can apply for a Shell Card online via a secure webpage. The application requires the following details:
- Your ABN or ACN
- The type of entity of your business
- Your bank account details
- Vehicle and/or driver details
- Driver’s license details
The features of Shell Card can help your business save money on fuel costs and save time on account management. It also offers flexible payment terms and reasonable card costs. Compare this to other business options to help you decide on the right type of finance for your business’s needs.