Save up to 7c a litre and manage your business fuel costs with a Shell Fuel Card.
A Shell Fuel Card offers fuel discounts and greater visibility into your organisation’s fuel expenditure. You can also take advantage of flexible payment options and a national network of over 1,000 locations around Australia. This review will cover the benefits and costs associated with this card, as well as how you can apply for it.
|Product Name||Shell Diesel Card|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Review of the Shell Fuel Card
The Shell Fuel Card is designed to offer cardholders discounted fuel and seamless administration when managing business vehicle expenses. This card is suited to cardholders who want to save on petrol costs while also monitoring their expenses under one account.
Features and benefits of the Shell Diesel Card
Here are some of the features and benefits you can expect from this card:
- Fuel savings. You can expect to save 7c per litre on the unmanned sites and 4c per litre on the truck friendly sites.
- Manage your fleet and fuel costs. Shell Card Online allows you to set up reports to monitor everything from transactions to fuel consumption. This could make it easier to manage fuel costs.
- Access to truck services. On the truck friendly sites, you have access to high flow diesel and ultra high flow diesel, as well as access to the shop. You will also have access to the toilet and shower facilities.
- Flexible payment options. You can choose between direct debit from your bank account or credit card over 7 day or 14 day terms.
- National network. With a Shell Card, you have access to over 940 locations across the nation with 195 truck friendly sites.
- Fraud protection. With the option of an individual pin for each card and the option to add an individual vehicle number or a driver’s name, this adds an extra layer of security. You also have access to 24/7 card cancellation or suspension over the phone or via email.
What does the Shell Diesel Card cost?
Here are the fees and charges you can expect while using this card:
- Interest rates. If you fail to pay your balance within 35 days, your balance will collect interest that is calculated daily of 0.066%.
- Non-fuel service fee. There is a fuel service fee of 2.5% of the purchase value.
- Replacement fee. If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, there is a $15 replacement card fee.
- Dishonour fee. If there are not enough funds in the account to pay your monthly bill, you'll be charged a $30 dishonour fee per payment.
- Inactive fee. There's an inactive card fee of $4.99 per card per month.
- Card processing fee. If you use a Visa or Mastercard to pay your bill, you'll be charged 1.5% processing fee. American Express payments incur a 2.5% fee.
How to apply
You can apply online to receive your fuel card. You just need to have the following information:
- Personal details, such as your name, a working email and phone number you can be contacted on.
- Business details, such as the ABN or ACN, what type of business you’re running and what year it was founded.
- The number of fuel cards you need for your business.
Once you have this information sorted, you will then be shown the terms of your contract and approval of your application will take 2-4 business days.
The major features of this card include access to an Australian wide network of truck-friendly fuel stations as well as the discounts received per litre on fuel. However, it’s important to compare fuel card options for your business and discover which one is right for your unique business needs.Back to top