Increase your cash flow through dividends earned in over 20 different markets around the world.
CFDs allow you to benefit from trading in various financial markets, without physically owning the instrument. Instead, your dividends come from the difference in price from the time you enter into the contract until the position is closed. Through Plus500 you are enabled to invest this way in stocks, commodities, ETFs and even the exchange market.
It provides you with the same type of support as a typical broker does, including flexibility of leverage for account holders. The risk is still there, but many of the fees and taxes you get with straight trading can be eliminated with CFDs.
What can I trade with Plus500?
Plus500 offers services and options that will please practically every type of investor. Once you have been signed up you will have access to:
Australian and global share CFDs are available from over 20 different countries. This includes United States markets, Germany, the UK, France and more. Some of the most popular CFDs are Exxon, Sina, Best Buy Co. and the Bank of Queensland. Qantas Airways is another choice as is Tesla Motors and UniCredit.
You can access the Foreign Exchange Market (Forex) through Plus500 and pay no commissions on your activity. A free demo account to try it out is provided, as is leverage if you need help in increasing your profitability.
There are dozens of indices available to choose from with Plus500 to help in diversifying your investments. Pick from Australia 200, USA 30, Italy 40 and many more. Leverage is also provided with Index CFDs if you want to stretch your investment dollars.
With as little as $100 Australian dollars you can start trading in oil, gold and other commodities. You are enabled to set your own profit and loss limits with commodity trading, giving you better control over the risk you are taking.
An Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) with low spreads is another CFD trading option that Plus500 offers. This will give access to multiple funds with varying levels of risk.
Call or put options CFD on the Dax 30, S&P 500, CAC 40, MIB 40, and the AEX 25. No commissions are charged to you for this transactions, which can be made easily through the Plus500 online portal.Back to top
What are the best things about Plus500 share trading?
Plus500 provides you with a number of features that will help in making all types of trading simple:
- There's a lot of support for first-time traders. There are multiple ways of obtaining trade support through Plus500 including an online FAQ page where you can quickly find answers to questions about your deposits, account and trading.
- You can trial and practice with a demo account. Using “pretend’ money, you can learn how to effectively trade CFDs before committing your own money. There is no time limit for how long you can use the demo account, which subjects you to real market conditions so that you can see how well your strategies work.
- You can hedge your risks with a range of tools. A number of tools are included with your account that help you to manage your risk in the markets. This includes leverage, limit setting, price alerts and guaranteed stops.
- You get extra cash as a first deposit bonus. After opening your account and making your first deposit, Plus500 will give you extra cash as a bonus. This will give you a jump start on receiving dividends from your trading activity.
- Leverage. You can increase your trading amount by taking advantage of the leverage offered with Plus500. The ratio given to you will be dependent on what type of investing you are doing and how much you qualify for.
Receive a larger bonus for a larger deposit
With Plus500 there are not service levels in the same way you find with other investment firms. There is however different bonus amounts attainable depending on your initial minimum deposit. After making that deposit and trading the required number of TPoints, that extra money is added to your account.
|Minimum deposit in Australian dollars||Bonus Amount in Australian dollars||Required TPoints|
What support and information is available with Plus500?
Up to the minute market information can be accessed through your online trading platform, as well as graphs and charts to help you with your investment planning. If you are having an issue, the comprehensive FAQ page should be able to help solve your problem. If not, you can send an email to Plus500 addressing your concerns, which they will answer as quickly as possible.
What are the fees associated when using Plus500?
There are a number of different costs, fees and charges that you might be required to pay, depending on which services you use:
You will incur costs that are related to the spread in the transactions you make, which is the difference between the bid and offer price for the investment instrument.
There are no commission costs when using Plus500 to facilitate trades.
This is due when you hold a CFD contract after a certain time of the day. The premium that you pay – or earn – will depend on the size and type of the investment product and the duration that you hold your position.
This is only relevant for instruments that are based on future contracts that have an expiry date. Once that date has been reached, the position is rolled to the next contract. Since the buy and sell rates may vary between these contracts, you could incur a charge once the price difference has been accounted for.
Guaranteed stop premium
If you take advantage of the guaranteed stop when placing a trade order, a charge will be deducted from your account based on a percentage of the spread amount.
The account balance is always displayed in Australian dollars. If you trade in a different currency, a charge will be applied to convert that asset currency into Australian dollars.
While you will not be routinely charged for any withdrawals, there is a $10 fee if you make a withdrawal of less than $50.
If you do not make any trading activity for three months you could be charged the equivalent of $5 United States dollars.
What are the points in favour and against using Plus500 for my next trade?
- There's a range of trading instruments. Being a member of Plus500 gives you access to a broad range of investment options.
- You can trade in multiple international markets. With Plus500 you can invest in various markets around the globe.
- There are low fees. There is no enrolment fee for using the Plus500 platform or commissions.
- You get a free demo. For Australians who are new to trading the free demo can help you to understand how it works before you risk your own money.
- There's limited physical support. You are limited in expert support and advice with Plus500 compared to other online brokerage firms. It only has email and online chat services.
What you need to know about the application process for Plus500
You will not be required to apply for an account with Plus500. You simply need to create an account and make a deposit in order to get started with trading. This can be done using PayPal, Skrill, American Express, Maestro, Mastercard and Visa.
Help! I have some more questions
Do I have to be an Australian resident to join Plus500?
Yes, only residents of Australia will be able to open an account.
Does Plus500 offer personal trading advice?
No, you are supplied with up to date information, but no personal trading advice will be offered.
What accounts are my earned dividends paid into?
By joining Plus500 you will be given you own account where dividends earned will be paid into.
How do I upgrade or downgrade service levels?
There are no service levels with Plus500. All members are given the same account options and features regardless of account size.