Trade forex, shares and more than 200 financial instruments online with IronFX.
If you’re looking for an easy way to trade forex, spot metals, indices, shares and a long list of financial instruments, online trading provider IronFX is well worth a look. A leading online trading service, IronFX provides access to more than 200 trading instruments and is backed by low spreads and instant trade execution.
IronFX offers a choice of 10 platforms to provide increased functionality for a wide range of traders. It’s free to sign up for an account with IronFX and once you start trading you can access round-the-clock support from a dedicated account manager.
What can I trade with IronFX?
You can buy and sell a wide range of investments through IronFX, including:
- Forex. IronFX allows you to trade more than 120 currency pairs, including major pairs, minors and even exotic currencies. Trading is available 24 hours a day, 5 days a week and IronFX offers spreads starting from as low as 0 pips. You can also select your own leverage, starting from 1:1 up to 1:500.
- Spot metals. If you want to gain exposure to precious and base metals, IronFX offers contracts for difference (CFDs) on spot metals in USD and EUR. Trades can be made 23 hours a day, 5 days a week and IronFX claims to offer best-of-market spreads.
- Spot indices. IronFX provides access to a range of market indices across the globe, promising tight spreads and low margins. Through CFDs, you can gain exposure to indices such as the Nasdaq 100, Dow Jones 30, FTSE 100 and Hong Kong 50.
- Spot commodities. IronFX allows you to trade a range of commodities online, including brent crude oil, natural gas and Bitcoin.
- Futures. IronFX account holders can trade CFDs on equity indices, agricultural commodities, base metals, oil and energy products. This includes futures contracts on the US 500 and UK 100, oil, natural, gas, copper and currencies.
- Shares. With IronFX, you can trade shares through CFDs and adopt positions on a long list of specific stocks, without actually needing to own the individual stock.
What are the best things about trading with IronFX?
IronFX offers many benefits to Australian traders, including:
10 trading platforms
When you open just one IronFX account, you can access 10 separate trading platforms across your PC, Mac, smartphone and tablet. This allows you to trade whenever and wherever is convenient to you, access web-based or software-based platforms and manage your trading as simply and conveniently as possible.
IronFX offers a choice of six different individual investor-oriented accounts to suit your trading needs. These offer access to different spreads, currencies and markets, while there is also a choice of four institution/business accounts available.
Instant trading execution
IronFX strives to achieve the highest trade execution quality. It uses advanced technology to automate every aspect of the trading process and 99.62% of instant trades are executed in milliseconds.
IronFX allows forex traders to access the lowest spreads in the market. Leverage is also available up to 1:500, allowing you to take advantage of attractive trading opportunities whenever they arise.
The security of client funds is a crucial aspect of the service IronFX offers to customers. Client funds are kept in segregated accounts and kept separate to IronFX’s own fund at all times. The group provides banking and treasury services through globally recognised banking institutions such as Westpac, Barclays and BNP Paribas.
Research and analysis
IronFX customers can access daily reports and analyses prepared by IronFX experts, as well as externally sourced reports. These cover everything from technical analysis to world economy overviews to help you make more informed trading decisions.
IronFX offers 24/5 customer support, allowing you to get in touch with a dedicated account manager whenever you need help.
Service levels of IronFX
IronFX offers six individual investor-oriented accounts. The three most basic options are the Micro Account, Premium Account and VIP Account. These all allow you to sign up to IronFX in just three steps and obtain immediate access to 10 trading platforms.
However, IronFX also offers three other accounts for advanced traders. These include STP/ECN Accounts, Zero Fixed Spread Accounts and Mirror Accounts to suit the unique requirements of experienced forex traders.
What support and information is available with IronFX?
If you ever have a problem with a trade or need to ask a question about your account, IronFX offers 24/5 customer service. This means you can access personalised support from a dedicated account manager whenever you need it by calling a toll-free hotline.
Customer support email is also available, while a handy online FAQ section is provided to help you find the solutions to some common trading problems.
What are the fees associated with using IronFX?
It’s free to open a trading account with IronFX and the provider does not charge any fees for making a deposit into your account.
In many cases, IronFX will also not charge a commission on the trades you place. However, in specific circumstances, such as if you hold a Live Zero Fixed Spread Account or an STP/ECN Zero Spread Account, a commission will apply.
When trading forex, you also need to be aware of the spread that applies to a currency pair. The table below shows the account spread comparison for some commonly traded currency pairs.
NB: figures above are for a Live Floating Spread account
What are the pros and cons of using IronFX for my next trade?
If you’re thinking of using IronFX for your next trade, consider the following:
- Customer support. You can access personalised support from your account manager 24 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- Global strength. IronFX offers trading services to people in more than 180 countries and has five global offices. It has also won a host of global awards for its services.
- 10 trading platforms. You can choose from 10 trading platforms to find the right platform to suit your needs, which allows you to place the trades you want, when you want.
- Access to 200+ trading instruments. You can trade more than 200 financial instruments with IronFX, including more than 120 currency pairs.
- No live chat. There is no live chat customer support option if you want to access help online.
What you need to know about the application process for IronFX
If you’d like to open an account with IronFX, click one of the “Apply Now” links on this page. You will be securely redirected to the IronFX website where you can begin your application.
You will need to provide the following details:
- Your name
- Your email address and phone number
- Your country of residence
- A recent utility bill or bank statement
Once your account application has been submitted, it will be processed within 24 hours.
Help! I have some more questions
Q. Can I open a demo account?
Yes, you can open a free demo account to sample the services that IronFX has to offer.
Q. Can I open more than one account?
Yes, this can be done through the IronFX Client Portal for your first account.
Q. What is the minimum amount I need to open an account?
The minimum deposit for an IronFX Micro Account is $100.
Q. Can I trade on my smartphone?
Yes, IronFX customers can use the MetaTrader 4 platform on iPhone, Android and Windows phones.