IG have the tools knowledge to let you trade in more than 10,000 global markets.
For over 40 years IG has been helping customers make leveraged trades using contracts for difference. IG is an online trading platform that let’s you trade CFDs in over 10,000 markets. IG gives you direct access to the major indices, commodities and forex markets, bitcoins, gray IPO markets, ETDs, interest rates, bonds and much more.
IG is more than a browser based trading tool. It’s your entry to the world of trading CFDs. Make practice trades using IG’s demo trading account. IG research tools, charts and education programs give you information you need to make informed trades. The IG customer support team are on hand 24 hours a day to assist you with trades.
What can I trade with IG?
IG are the largest CFD provider in the world. The IG online trading platform lets you trade CFDs in over 10,000 markets.
Trade 24 hours a day on more than 30 international markets such as the Australia 200, Japan 225, Hong Kong HS50, China A50, Wall Street, US 500, Germany 30.
Trade more than 550 Australian shares 7,500 international shares.
Trade on future markets such as foreign exchange, commodities, bitcoins, securities and economic benchmarks.
IPO grey markets
Trade shares based on anticipated value before a company goes public.
Trade on the volatility of the bitcoin market without a bitcoin wallet. Bitcoin trading is GST free.
Buy and sell foreign currency 24 hours a day 7 days a week using the IG online trading platform.
Trade on the quarterly movement of interest rates in the world’s major money markets.
Trade on the performance of a particular sector such as mining or banking. There are over 35 Australian and U.K stationed sectors to choose from.
Trade bonds as CFDs to profit from interest rate movement.Back to top
What are the features and benefits of using IG to trade?
Make trades using the IG browser based platform available from your desktop computer or mobile device.
Free market insights
Get analysis and insights from IG trading experts and access to charting packages and research tools.
New to trading? Register for a demo account and get $20,000 worth of ‘virtual money’ to practice trading CFDs.
Free online application
Register an account with IG online for free and make deposits to funds your account right away.
Complete the 6 week trading introduction program when you create an account with IG if you’re new to trading CFDs. IG TV is the company’s own online video education platform to help educate IG members and provide market analysis.
Refer a friend
When a friend creates an account with IG and starts trading, you’re eligible to earn up to $1,000 cash.
You can apply for an IG trading account in the name of a company or a trust. Applications in the name of a self managed super fund cannot be completed online.Back to top
What service levels does IG offer?
IG offer two levels of membership: a standard CFD trading service and a premium service for customers who trade large volumes each month.
|Standard service.||Get direct market access to trade CFDs on over 10,000 global financial markets.||Apply in your own name, jointly with another person or apply in the name of a company or a trust.|
|Premium service.||Qualifying premium clients get access to better rates, a wealth of IG experience and exclusive market insights. A premium client manager and access to the IG research team are at your disposal.||Trade more than $5,000,000.00 a month to qualify for a IG premium account.|
What support and information is available with IG?
IG provide live customer support through their Monday to Friday 24 hour customer service team. IG can be contacted between 9am and 5pm (United Kingdom time) on weekends. The IG help and support customer portal is a database of knowledge to assist with questions about using the IG trading platform, technical help, account questions and charting information. IG also offer a wealth of educational information about using their platform and trading CFDs on different markets. They offer live webinars, trading guides and even have a customer help portal answering user’s questions about trading CFDs. These resources are free for IG members to access.Back to top
What fees could I be charged?
IG charge a commission or apply a margin to the spread depending on the type of trade you execute.
- Commission per side (equities). IG charge a commission per side on your equity trades. This commission varies for international regions. For example a 0.1% commission is charged for trades executed in Australia. IG charge a commission of 2 cents a share for trades in the United States. The minimum charge for online trades and trades made over the phone is different
- Spreads. Different spreads apply to different trades. IG apply a different minimum spread to forex trades for different currency pairings starting at 0.8 points. Spreads also vary by type of commodity traded and deals on different indices.
What are the pros and cons of using IG?
- Access to over 10,000 markets. IG let you trade on 10,000 different markets buying and selling contracts for difference. Trade CFDs on the popular forex, money and equities markets.
- Over 40 years of experience. IG have been in operation for more than 40 years. IG have the experience and the resources to assist you with any trading questions.
- 2FA. Setup 2 factor authentication when you login to your account as an extra layer of account security.
- iPad app available. IG have a iPad application that brings the features of the browser based trading platform to your tablet device.
- No online SMSF applications. Applications in the name of a SMSF must be handled over the phone.
- Weekend contact hours. The customer service team is based in the United Kingdom and can only be contacted during business hours on the weekend.
How do I apply with IG?
Open a IG trading account by following the links on this page to complete the online application.
You’ll need to complete the online identity verification to open a trading account with IG.
You’ll also need to complete a suitability check. IG assess whether you’re suitable for a trading account.
- You must be over the age of 18.
- You must pass a suitability check to apply for an IG trading account.
Once you’ve applied for an account, an IG trading specialist will be in touch to help you with the next steps for making your first trade.
You’ll need to debit funds to your trading account to make your first trade, you can use your debit or credit card to do this or make a BPAY payment.Back to top
Help! I have some more questions
Do I need to provide I.D. when I apply for a IG trading account?
To open an account you need to verify your identity by sending a photo or a scanned copy of your passport or valid drivers licence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I withdraw funds from my account?
You can request a withdrawal from your IG trading account to your Visa credit or debit card in the my account and payments menu. You can make a withdrawal up to the amount you’ve funded from the card. You can also make a withdrawal to a bank account. You will receive your payment within 3 business days. IG state that some payments can take up to 10 business days to process.
Is online trading safe?
IG take measures to protect your personal and financial information as well as your trading data using industry-standard data encryption. IG is also regulated by ASIC.