Trade stocks in Australia and overseas, ETFs, managed funds on a platform backed by one of Australia’s Big Four Banks. Join now and get $500 free brokerage.
Open a ANZ Share Investing account and you can securely and conveniently trade a range of financial investments including shares, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), managed funds, options, warrants and more. ANZ Share Investing also give you access to ANZ margin lending facilities.
As well as market research and real time market data, you get access to consensus recommendations from some of Australia’s leading analysts such as Morningstar. ANZ Share Investing offer competitive brokerage charges, you won’t pay a thing if you don’t use your account and the more trades you make in a month, the cheaper each trade becomes.
What can I trade with ANZ Share Investing?
You can trade the following investments using ANZ Share Investing:
Invest in Australian securities listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) or Chi-X Australia Indexes.
Trade international shares on 11 overseas markets.
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
Trade ETFs on the ASX including: ANZ ETFs, BlackRock, State Street Global Advisors and Vanguard Investments ETFs.
Invest in hundreds of Australian and international managed funds.
Trade Index Options on the S&P ASX 200 as well as Equity Options. ANZ Share Investing provide trading tools for options products such as the Options Finder Tool, Payoff Diagrams, Pricing Tools and Portfolio Management Tools.
ANZ Share Investing and give you access to an investment loan you can use to maximise returns from your portfolio.
Trade Warrants using ANZ Share Investing and get access to leading research from UBS and CitiFirst analysts. You can also view live quotes for individual warrants from the ANZ Share Investing Stock Centre.
Participate in public offerings from companies by purchasing shares, company options convertible notes and other financial instruments.
Protect your investment using a stop loss order. Buy or sell orders are automatically executed when your trigger conditions are met.
ANZ Share Investing SharePack
A specialist ANZ Share Investing product which gives you access to a diversified portfolio of eight shares recommended by independent brokers.Back to top
What are the best things about ANZ Share Investing share trading?
ANZ Share Investing provides these features to traders:
Get access to independent expert recommendations, use filters to find the stocks you want and see lists of the most commonly traded stocks from other ANZ Share Investing customers. Get access to charts, news and analysis from leading analysts Morningstar, Intelligent Investor, Wise Owl and more.
Make trades using the ANZ Share Investing Online platform or over the phone. Active traders can upgrade to the ANZ Share Investing Pro and IRESS Trader desktop platforms providing dynamic market data.
Get email and SMS smart alerts when predefined conditions are met.
Cash settlement account
Money held in your ANZ Share Investing Cash Investment Account accrues interest on a tiered basis.
You can trade shares on the following overseas markets:
- U.S: NASDAQ, NYSE & NYSE Amex Equities.
- Canada: TSX & TSX Ventures Exchange.
- Asia: SGX & HKSE.
- Europe: LSE, PAR, BRU & AMS.
ANZ Share Investing automatically convert the money in your cash settlement account to a foreign currency when you trade on international markets.
Manage your SMSF investments using ANZ Share Investing.
Tax Tools gives you a free summary of your activity for the financial year for ease of reporting.Back to top
What are the service levels of ANZ Share Investing?
ANZ Share Investing offer the following service levels which provide different trading features at different price points.
|Standard||$19.95 per quarter|
|Share Investing Pro||$79.90 per month|
|IRESS Trader||$79.90 per month|
What support and information is available with ANZ Share Investing?
You have a number of educational resources to assist making trades. The Share Investing online Help Centre provides online video demonstrations and written instructions about how to trade different products. You can also speak to an ANZ Share Investing representative over the phone 8am to 8pm (AEST). An ANZ Share Investing Client Services Officer can answer specific questions about making trades, complaints and using the online trading platform. ANZ Share Investing do not offer an online chat service.Back to top
What are ANZ Share Investing brokerage fees?
The ANZ Share Investing basic service level is free and gives you limited access to dynamic market data and analysis. The standard service level provides market insight, real time stock quotes and analysis for a quarterly fee of $19.95. You can avoid this fee if you execute at least one trade every six months or you maintain an account balance greater than $10,000. The account fee doesn’t apply for margin lending accounts.
In addition to the service fee, you’ll pay brokerage fees when you trade financial products using the ANZ Share Investing online platform or over the phone. Brokerage fees vary depend on the specific product and how you carry out your trade (online or over the phone). You can find detailed information about brokerage in the product disclosure statement.
- Australian shares. Trading Australian shares online becomes cheaper after you make your first trade. Brokerage is charged on a tiered basis, you’ll pay $19.95 for trades up to $5,000 in value. ANZ Share Investing brokerage fees increase up to 0.11% of the trade value for transactions over $28,000. Trades made over the phone are more expensive than trades conducted online.
- International shares. $59 or 0.59% of the trade value, whichever is greater.
What the advantages and disadvantages of using ANZ Share Investing for my next trade?
- International markets. You can use the ANZ Share Investing platform to trade international stocks on 11 different overseas exchanges.
- Waivers and rebates. Trade more than 30 times in a quarter and any services charges will be refunded. Also you won’t pay service fees if you don’t use your account.
- Earn Qantas Points. Link your ANZ Share Investing and Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts and earn one Qantas Point for every $3 you spend on brokerage when you trade shares, warrants and options using ANZ Share Investing.
- Bad reviews. ANZ Share Investing has received a number of negative reviews on product review websites for providing an unreliable trading platform.
- Phone trades. Executing a trade over the phone is significantly more expensive than conducting a trade online.
- Customer support. ANZ Share Investing Client Service Officers are available to contact 8am to 8pm AEST only.
How do I apply for an ANZ Share Investing account?
You can apply online for an Share Investing trading account if you’re over 18 and you’re an Australian or New Zealand resident. Follow the links to be directed to a secure online application. If you’re an existing ANZ customer, you can enter your ANZ Customer Reference Number (CRN) and the application will be prefilled with your details. You’re also asked to select whether you want to trade with your own cash or whether you want to trade with a loan from ANZ.
If you’re a new customer, enter your basic personal information such as your contact details, address, Tax File Number (TFN), bank account details, whether you want to merge an existing portfolio and finally create a password you can use to trade over the phone. You’re then required to verify your identity online using your driver’s licence, medicare card or passport. You have the option of sending certified copies of your identification by post.
More questions about ANZ Share Investing?
What is a trade?
ANZ Share Investing give you a rebate if you make over a number of trades per month. A trade is defined as equity, warrants and options trades which have been executed online.
How do I make a deposit to my cash management account?
ANZ Share Investing give you five different ways to make a deposit to your cash management account.
- Transfer funds over the phone or online from your ANZ online banking facility.
- BPAY from another financial institution’s online banking facility.
- Telegraphic transfer.
- Money order and cheque sent by post.
- Make a SWIFT payment from an overseas account.
How do I make a trade using ANZ Share Investing?
Once you’ve logged in to the ANZ Share Investing trading platform, you’ll need to select whether you want to execute a buy or a sell order, the size of the transaction, the stock code and whether the trade is a market or limit market order.
What’s the maximum time period for a limit order?
You have two options for executing a limit order.
- Good for day. The order is valid until the end of the trading day based on ASX trading hours: 4.00pm.
- Good until canceled. You can choose a time period of up to three weeks before you limit order expires.