Shadowverse, Japan’s most popular digital CCG, is coming to PAX Australia
Deck-building Down Under.
If you've been bitten hard by the collectible-card-game bug, we have some good news for you. Later this month, developer Cygames will be bringing its massively popular CCG Shadowverse to PAX Australia, with a whole slew of tournaments, cosplayers and giveaways planned for the event.
Sporting over ten million players worldwide, Shadowverse has managed to differentiate itself from the likes of Hearthstone and The Elder Scrolls Legends with its anime-inspired art style and a novel evolution mechanic that lets you modify cards mid-game. It's done quite well, too, becoming the most popular digital CCG in Japan in the year since its launch.
Along with announcing its plans for PAX Australia, Cygames has also just released its sixth expansion for Shadowverse. Titled Starforged Legends, it bolsters the game's digital decks with 104 new cards and adds new chapters to the game's single-player campaign.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?