Shadowverse, Japan’s most popular digital CCG, is coming to PAX Australia
Deck-building Down Under.
If you've been bitten hard by the collectible-card-game bug, we have some good news for you. Later this month, developer Cygames will be bringing its massively popular CCG Shadowverse to PAX Australia, with a whole slew of tournaments, cosplayers and giveaways planned for the event.
Sporting over ten million players worldwide, Shadowverse has managed to differentiate itself from the likes of Hearthstone and The Elder Scrolls Legends with its anime-inspired art style and a novel evolution mechanic that lets you modify cards mid-game. It's done quite well, too, becoming the most popular digital CCG in Japan in the year since its launch.
Along with announcing its plans for PAX Australia, Cygames has also just released its sixth expansion for Shadowverse. Titled Starforged Legends, it bolsters the game's digital decks with 104 new cards and adds new chapters to the game's single-player campaign.
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition review: Polished to a Mirror Shield shine
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera