How to set up and watch Kayo Sports on Apple TV
Kayo Sports is available on Apple TV. Here's how to watch.
Kayo Sports offers great functionality on several devices, including Apple TV. This means that you're not restricted to streaming sports content on your laptop, smartphone or tablet. As long as you have an Apple TV 4th generation or newer, you can enjoy the action on the big screen. Here's everything you need to know.
How to connect your Apple TV to your Kayo account
Once your Apple TV is up and running, simply head to the App Store and download the Kayo Sports app. You can search via the featured apps function or enter "Kayo" into the search bar.
Once you've found the app, select the Kayo icon to download and click "Get for free" to confirm the download.
Next, open the Kayo app on your home screen and sign in with the login details you created when you set up your Kayo account. Then, select what you want to watch and start streaming.
About Apple TV
Kayo Sports is available on an Apple TV 4th generation or higher. You can purchase one online through the official Apple store, in select retail stores or by calling Apple. A standard 32GB Apple TV costs $209.
How to set up Apple TV (4th gen)
- Connect your Apple TV to your television and power. You need to wait until your Apple TV shows the set-up screen.
- Click the touch surface of your Apple TV remote to connect it to your new Apple TV.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to configure the settings of your Apple TV.
- Optional: connect any additional iOS devices by following the on-screen steps.
Once you've followed the steps above, your Apple TV should be running smoothly.
What's the resolution for Kayo on Apple TV?
Kayo offers streams in both SD and HD. If you watch on the big screen and have a good broadband connection, you can expect up to HD 1,080p video quality.
How do I access the Kayo special features with Apple TV?
Kayo Sports comes with some exciting features, including SplitView, which enables you to stream multiple sporting events on the same screen, at the same time; and Key Moments, which lets you tune in to the best moments from an event when you're short on time.
- To take advantage of them, use your Apple TV remote. Here are some useful tips:
- Tap on the Apple TV remote touchpad to see the video controls, including the video progress timeline. Swipe left or right to change the current time within the video progress timeline. Then, click to confirm and you'll jump to that spot in the video.
- The Playback Speed button. Swipe down to access the playback speed options. You can change it to a higher speed (1.5x or 2x) or enjoy the event in slow motion.
- Jump to Live/Play from Live. If you're watching a Live event on delay, you can swipe down to access the Jump to Live button and go straight to the current Live moment of the stream. Use the Play/Pause button on your remote to pause and resume the video at any time and use the Home button to exit the video.
Key Moments timeline:
- Swipe right when the video is playing.
- Swipe down to change the playback speed.
- Swipe right to access Key Moments then click on the Key Moments button to navigate between Key Moments by swiping left and right.
- Click on selected Key Moments to view.
- Choose a moment by clicking on it and you'll jump to it in the video.
To access other menus when watching with Apple TV:
- Swipe up for Viewing Options, where you can access SplitView settings and video quality settings.
- Swipe down for Related Videos to access the Related Videos menu where you can access other content related to the video you are watching.
Kayo Sports on Apple TV FAQs
Latest streaming news
You don’t need a smart TV to enjoy everything Binge has to offer. Read more…
Find out how to set up Binge on your Android device. Read more…
Find out how to set up Binge on your Apple device. Read more…
A re-imagining of one of DC's most beloved groups of outcast superheroes. Read more…
Find out how to set up Binge on your Telstra TV. Read more…
Ask an Expert