How to set up and watch Kayo Sports on Apple TV
Kayo Sports is available on Apple TV. Here's how to watch.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Kayo Sports offers great functionality on several devices, including Apple TV. This means that you're not restricted to streaming sports content on your laptop, smartphone or tablet. As long as you have an Apple TV 4th generation or newer, you can enjoy the action on the big screen. Here's everything you need to know.
How to connect your Apple TV to your Kayo account
Once your Apple TV is up and running, simply head to the App Store and download the Kayo Sports app. You can search via the featured apps function or enter "Kayo" into the search bar.
Once you've found the app, select the Kayo icon to download and click "Get for free" to confirm the download.
Next, open the Kayo app on your home screen and sign in with the login details you created when you set up your Kayo account. Then, select what you want to watch and start streaming.
About Apple TV
Kayo Sports is available on an Apple TV 4th generation or higher. You can purchase one online through the official Apple store, in select retail stores or by calling Apple. A standard 32GB Apple TV costs $209.
How to set up Apple TV (4th gen)
- Connect your Apple TV to your television and power. You need to wait until your Apple TV shows the set-up screen.
- Click the touch surface of your Apple TV remote to connect it to your new Apple TV.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to configure the settings of your Apple TV.
- Optional: connect any additional iOS devices by following the on-screen steps.
Once you've followed the steps above, your Apple TV should be running smoothly.
What's the resolution for Kayo on Apple TV?
Kayo offers streams in both SD and HD. If you watch on the big screen and have a good broadband connection, you can expect up to HD 1,080p video quality.
How do I access the Kayo special features with Apple TV?
Kayo Sports comes with some exciting features, including SplitView, which enables you to stream multiple sporting events on the same screen, at the same time; and Key Moments, which lets you tune in to the best moments from an event when you're short on time.
- To take advantage of them, use your Apple TV remote. Here are some useful tips:
- Tap on the Apple TV remote touchpad to see the video controls, including the video progress timeline. Swipe left or right to change the current time within the video progress timeline. Then, click to confirm and you'll jump to that spot in the video.
- The Playback Speed button. Swipe down to access the playback speed options. You can change it to a higher speed (1.5x or 2x) or enjoy the event in slow motion.
- Jump to Live/Play from Live. If you're watching a Live event on delay, you can swipe down to access the Jump to Live button and go straight to the current Live moment of the stream. Use the Play/Pause button on your remote to pause and resume the video at any time and use the Home button to exit the video.
Key Moments timeline:
- Swipe right when the video is playing.
- Swipe down to change the playback speed.
- Swipe right to access Key Moments then click on the Key Moments button to navigate between Key Moments by swiping left and right.
- Click on selected Key Moments to view.
- Choose a moment by clicking on it and you'll jump to it in the video.
To access other menus when watching with Apple TV:
- Swipe up for Viewing Options, where you can access SplitView settings and video quality settings.
- Swipe down for Related Videos to access the Related Videos menu where you can access other content related to the video you are watching.
Kayo Sports on Apple TV FAQs
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Latest streaming news
Love is a burning thing.Read more…
Sometimes the scariest things come from within.Read more…
Based on The New York Times bestselling book by Liane Moriarty.Read more…
Australia is a nation of sports lovers and reality TV addicts. Find out Australia's most watched broadcasts.Read more…
Pixar’s Luca is about friendship. What could be more wholesome than that?Read more…
An updated version of Gossip Girl is coming our way – and it looks too good to miss.Read more…
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs St George Illawarra Dragons NRL: Start time and watch free
The one-win Bulldogs return after a bye, hopefully refreshed and ready to meet the Dragons.
NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
First home buyers in NSW could be given up to $25,000 towards their first home purchase – find out if you're eligible.
24 PlayStation 5 consoles are up for grabs this long weekend
eBay is giving away 24 PlayStation 5 prize packs this long weekend - here's how to enter.
Does anyone actually need Twitter Blue?
Here's everything included in Twitter Blue and how much it costs.
How to watch UFC 263 Adesanya vs Vettori 2 live in Australia
Undisputed champion Israel Adesanya is ready for his long-awaited rematch against Marvin Vettori in Arizona.
HBO Max Gossip Girl reboot: new trailer drops ahead of Australian broadcast
An updated version of Gossip Girl is coming our way – and it looks too good to miss.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best Prime Day deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off 4K TVs, $200 off Dyson vacuum cleaners, win $10,000 with Optus.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen are ready for battle as Termination Day approaches.
Ask an Expert