Service delivery agreement templates
Download and customise a service delivery agreement to protect your business in no time.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If your company is looking to offer services to a client, then you'll want to have a service delivery agreement in place. This legally-binding contract can avoid disputes or miscommunication prior to, and after, the agreed work.
Use this guide to quickly find service delivery agreement templates. Plus, discover where to get further legal support and learn the key clauses your agreement should include.
What is a service delivery agreement?
A service delivery agreement is a legal document that outlines the terms and conditions between a service provider and a client. The agreement should clearly set out the services that are being offered, how and when they will be completed, the payment methods, details on how the contract could be terminated and more. For a service delivery agreement to be effective, it should be written and signed before any services are delivered.
Get a service delivery agreement
Where to find legal templates like a service delivery agreement
The following websites offer legal documents and templates:
- Lawpath. Lawpath is an online legal resource aimed at small businesses and entrepreneurs. You can view free samples, but you'll need to sign up to download and customise your templates.
- LawDepot. Answer several questions on LawDepot's website to create your own customised service delivery agreement. Print and download the document instantly.
- LegalVision. LegalVision provides individuals and small businesses with a cost-effective solution to accessing high-quality legal document templates. For a monthly fee of $199, you can access an unlimited number of documents in their library.
- Net Lawman. Browse a vast template library of legal documents, contracts and forms. You can purchase customisable templates through their website and have them reviewed by a lawyer for an extra charge.
- PandaDoc. Create a free account on PandaDoc to download a customisable service delivery agreement. You can access an unlimited number of documents with your free account.
Compare and find more business and legal documents and templates here.
What clauses are included in a service delivery agreement?
The clauses that are included in a service delivery agreement can vary depending on the specifics of the work. That said, these agreements generally include the following sections:
- Name and contact details. The name and contact details of both the service provider and the client.
- Description of service. The scope of services section defines what services your company will receive.
- Payment terms. A section explaining how much the contract is worth, how the payments will be made and what happens in the event of late payment.
- Timeline. An estimate of when the services are expected to be delivered, along with any milestones.
- Dispute resolution. A clause outlining a method for resolving any disputes between a business and a client.
- Termination conditions. Have a clause that describes how the parties can terminate the relationship and who holds the responsibility.
- Warranty. An outline of any warranties provided by the service provider.
- Copyright. Outline who owns the intellectual property once the work together is finished.
- Confidentiality. Add a section that covers confidentiality, this will protect trade secrets and confidentiality obtained within the course of the contractual relationship.
- Acceptance. A section explaining that the above clauses are valid that moment both parties sign and date the agreement.
Do I need a lawyer to create my service delivery agreement?
It isn't a legal requirement to have a lawyer craft your service delivery agreement. However, it can be very beneficial to get a legal professional to review the terms of your contract.
While templates found online are very convenient, they might not cover all aspects of your business. Moreover, care must be taken to modify any legal contracts so that they abide by the letter of the law.
If you're unsure about any business documents then find a legal professional to review your agreement. Online legal services, such as Sprintlaw, offer fixed-fee packages for speaking to a lawyer and having your documents reviewed.
Frequently asked questions
When should I use a service delivery agreement?
If you own a business that provides services to other companies or individuals, then you should provide your clients with a service delivery agreement before you start any work. The agreement will ensure everyone is on the same page and avoid any disputes down the line.
How effective are service delivery agreements?
Service delivery agreements can be a very effective way to ensure all parties understand their roles and obligations. A signed agreement works as a legally binding contract between the parties. Therefore, in the event of a dispute or breach of the agreement, the document can protect both the service provider, as well as the client.
Is a service delivery agreement legally binding?
Yes, if the agreement is signed by all parties involved then it is a legally binding contract. If the agreement is breached then the document can be used in an Australian court. Speak to a legal professional if you suspect a contract has been breached.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Australian Open 2022: Live stream and tournament preview
Ash Barty will lead the local charge as the 2022 Australian Open gets underway.
How to watch Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder BBL live and match preview
The Sixers and Thunder clash in the biggest Sydney Derby in the history of the Big Bash League.
Where to watch Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament of Houses online
Who will be declared House Cup Champion?
How to watch Ray Donovan: The Movie online in Australia
Will Mickey Donovan finally die in this wrap-up movie?
RAT scams: How to avoid getting conned with rapid antigen tests
Don't fall for the scam artists when you're trying to protect your health - here's what to check.
How to do a COVID-19 test at home for international travel
Here's where you can book COVID-19 at-home tests approved for travel and how they work.
Where to shop every product in Kiernan Shipka’s beauty routine
We've rounded up everything you need to nail the 'date-worthy' makeup look, including some affordable dupes.
American Express Corporate Gold Card
Designed for big companies, this Amex charge card offers a mix of management tools and perks – including a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer.
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
Beauty Product of the Week: Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
We tried the viral Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer and spoiler alert, it's the bee's knees.
Ask an Expert