September’s cheapest owner-occupier home loans
With interest rates heading skywards, now is the time to look for a better deal.
After weeks of prognostication about rising funding costs and the likelihood of rate hikes, Westpac recently became the first of the major banks to move on variable interest rates. The bank lifted its rates by 0.14%, a move the other majors are likely to follow.
While the Reserve Bank looks set to keep the official cash rate on hold for the medium term, lenders aren't content to follow the RBA's inaction. But rising rates mean it's a great time to check out your home loan and see if there's a better deal.
We've looked through finder's database and put together September's cheapest loans for owner-occupiers. We've separated them into variable and fixed rate loans. If you want the flexibility of a variable rate loan, there are products here for you. Likewise, if you prefer to safeguard against rising rates, there are plenty of attractive fixed rates on offer. To be certain these loans will help the average borrower, we applied the following criteria:
- All loans listed are principal and interest loans for owner-occupiers.
- All loans have a maximum loan to value ratio (LVR) of at least 80%.
- Each loan has a minimum loan amount of no more than $200,000 and a maximum amount of $500,000 or more.
- Each fixed rate is for a term of three years.
- We've excluded line of credit, guarantor and construction loans.
- Rates are correct as of 6 September 2018.
Check the table below for the cheapest owner-occupier home loans available through finder.com.au. With rates on the rise, there's no better time to look for a better deal.
*Our cheapest variable and fixed rate owner-occupier home loans round-up is a monthly article that features the cheapest loans in finder.com.au's database. The rates and other information in this page are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change. There may be cheaper loans on the market than the ones listed here.