Sennheiser Momentum Wireless review
Quick verdict: The Sennheiser Momentum Wireless headphones combine top-quality audio and beautiful design with the convenience of Tile tracking so they're not easily lost.
- Great audio quality
- Robust industrial design
- Tile tracking included
- Battery life is only mid-range
- Not the best noise cancellation
Sennheiser has a strong reputation in the audio space that stretches back decades. Its Momentum Wireless Headphones provide exceptional audio quality, and the convenience of integrated Tile tracking is also a definite plus. However, compared to some noise-cancelling headphones, their battery life isn't exceptional, even though their price is high.
- Leather band and cups are comfortable
- Solid steel band
- Simple button controls
- Great audio representation across genres
- Noise cancelling is only moderate
- Tile integration works well
- Lower battery life than many competitors
- Great audio, but not quite the best noise-cancelling headphones
Should you buy it?
It's all but impossible to fault the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless headphones on audio grounds. Even their basic equaliser settings give you ample space to engage with your favourite music or movies in a truly engrossing way. Likewise, the build quality is excellent, and they're comfortable to wear for long periods of time, even if you have a larger skull to wrap them around. Tile integration is a nice feature if you're always scrambling to find your headphones before a trip or if you constantly leave them in the office after hours.
However, they're priced in a premium bracket where there's a lot of competition that does what the Momentum Wireless headphones do just that little bit better. Battery life isn't as good, and neither is noise cancelling when compared to sets like the Bose 700 or Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones, and they can often be found a little cheaper than the Sennheisers too.
You certainly wouldn't regret buying the Momentum Wireless headphones because they do sound great – but you could arguably do just a little bit better for the same or less money.
Pricing and availability
- Everything Apple announced at its Unleashed MacBook Pro event
- HTC Vive Flow: Is it VR aimed at gaming or lifestyle?
- How to watch Apple’s Unleashed event (and what to expect)
- LG XBOOM 360: Details, specs, availability, price and impressions
- Hot Wheels RC Cybertruck out now in Australia: Is it any good?