finder.com.au is Seeking a PHP Developer with four or more years of PHP development experience to help drive the explosive growth of the business and deliver amazing projects.
About The Role
finder.com.au, one of the largest Australian comparison websites, is seeking an expert PHP Developer to be responsible for building a wide variety of web-based applications (using PHP, MySQL) in addition to maintaining existing PHP code, optimizing MySQL queries and developing custom PHP solutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand business problems
- Code solutions to business problems
- Deploy solutions to business problems
- Improve the development environment and tooling
- Get code live multiple times per day
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of PHP development experience
- Experience with phpunit
- Knowledge of CI tools (Bamboo, Travis, etc)
- Knowledge of CD tools (Beanstalk, Capistrano)
- Knowledge of Git
- Ability and desire to use and extend Git tools (GitHub, Bitbucket) to enhance workflow
- Ability to mentor junior developers
- Experience with WordPress beneficial
- Knowledge of Front End technologies beneficial
- Knowledge of monitoring tools
In return you can benefit from:
- A cool, relaxed, yet dedicated and passionate working environment
- An opportunity to be part of a fast-growing Internet company
- All the resources that you need to be successful and achieve amazing results
- A fair balance of work and life
- A super cool location! The office is based in the heart of the Sydney CBD close to all forms of transport
- A steady stream of engaging, challenging and rewarding projects
- Delicious free lunch and breakfast options supplied everyday from local restaurants
- All the snacks and drinks you want!
Please send us a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and optionally provide us with a link to your GithHub or BitBucket profile and a short cover letter outlining why you would like to work at finder.com.au and answers to the following questions:
- What is your proudest coding accomplishment?
- How often do you check Stack Overflow? Have you answered any questions there?
- Write a pseudocode query to eliminate duplicate values from a data set.
- What is your superpower?
- Why do you want to work for finder.com.au?