See more of South Africa for less with these Qatar flights from $1,099 return
It's time to put your khakis on and tick South Africa off your bucket list now that the world's best airline, Qatar Airways, has sale fares to both Cape Town and Johannesburg for as little as $1,099 return.
For that price, you can get from Perth to Johannesburg or Cape Town from $1,099.
If you're not lucky enough to live in Perth, there are still low fares for you. Here's what else is on offer:
- Melbourne to Johannesburg from $1,113 or Cape Town from $1,119
- Sydney to Johannesburg or Cape Town from $1,129
- Adelaide to Johannesburg from $1,127 or Cape Town from $1,132
- Canberra to Johannesburg or Cape Town from $1,157
You may have been keeping watch for a sale like this since South Africa sale fares are not exactly a dime a dozen, but there's a catch. These low fares only cover travel between 2 February and 31 March 2020.
If the dates work and you're keen to save some cash for that luxury safari then you'll need to jump on this deal before it ends on 14 October 2019.
To book: Head over to Flight Centre to get a quote or book online.
How good are these Qatar Airways fares?
- Price: Great. The last time Qatar offered a sale on South Africa flights, fares started at $1,500 but really anything on the lower end of the $1,000 range is a steal.
- Airline: Great. Not only is Qatar a 5-star, full-service airline but it was recently crowned the Best Airline in the World by Skytrax. It's tough to beat the best.
- Frequent Flyer Points: Good. Qantas Frequent Flyer members can expect to earn points thanks to Qatar being a partner of the oneworld Alliance.
- Travel time: Good. Flights include a stopover in Doha which isn't exactly the most direct route. On the other hand, this can be extended to score two holidays for the price of one.
- Weather: Good. While you can go on safari at any time of the year, these dates are during the wet season which means it'll be just a bit harder to spot the wildlife.
Make 2020 the year you visit South Africa
|From||To||Travel dates||Return fare||Start sorting out your South African trip|
|Perth||Cape Town||2 February - 22 March 2020||$1,099||Book with Flight Centre|
|Perth||Johannesburg||2 February - 22 March 2020||$1,099||Book with Flight Centre|
|Melbourne||Cape Town||2 February - 22 March 2020||$1,119||Book with Flight Centre|
|Melbourne||Johannesburg||2 February - 22 March 2020||$1,113||Book with Flight Centre|
|Sydney||Cape Town||2 February - 22 March 2020||$1,129||Book with Flight Centre|
|Sydney||Johannesburg||2 February - 22 March 2020||$1,129||Book with Flight Centre|
|Adelaide||Cape Town||2 February - 22 March 2020||$1,132||Book with Flight Centre|
|Adelaide||Johannesburg||2 February - 22 March 2020||$1,127||Book with Flight Centre|
|Canberra||Cape Town||2 February - 22 March 2020||$1,157||Book with Flight Centre|
|Canberra||Johannesburg||2 February - 22 March 2020||$1,157||Book with Flight Centre|
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know