See more of Asia for just $1 with the latest AirAsia sale
Pay to fly into Malaysia, then pay an extra buck to fly further into Asia.
Budget carrier AirAsia is at it again, this time with its Go Beyond sale, primed to get you exploring past popular Kuala Lumpur and on to other Asian hot spots.
To be fair, BIG Members (which you can sign up to for free) can still score cheap fares to Kuala Lumpur starting at just $188 one-way from Sydney.
But, if you can part with just one gold coin each way, your pool of destinations becomes much wider.
For only $1 more than fares from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur, you can choose from cities such as Phuket, Langkawi, Bali, Penang, Bangkok, Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Chiang Mai, Vientiane, Jakarta and Ho Chi Minh City. There are 18 destinations to pick from in total.
Travel is for select dates between now and 30 Sep 2019 so you've got the opportunity to escape the wintery cold and explore a brand new Asian destination.
The sale ends soon, on 13 April 2019 to be precise and word of warning, the hottest seats always sell out quick.
Make sure one of them is yours. Head to Skyscanner to find the best fares before it's too late.
Searching for something else? Flight Centre is also running a sale on AirAsia flights from numerous Aussie cities to Kuala Lumpur, Ho Chi Minh City, Bali and Bangkok. Fares start from $287 return. Check them out here.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Good. Recent sale fares usually had Sydney to Kuala Lumpur flights from $422 return, $46 more than this starting fare. Once you take into account the additional $1 for fly-thru destinations, you're saving considerably more.
- Airline: Great. AirAsia is known as the world's best low-cost carrier according to Skytrax. If you're going to fly budget, these are the guys to go with.
- Travel time: Good. All flights include a layover in Kuala Lumpur. This can usually be kept quite short.
- Weather: Good. Asia's weather is highly variable and depends on where you're headed and when. With five months of dates to pick from, check out our Best Time Guide to find a destination where the weather is warm and the skies are clear.
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?