Protect your wallet contents, keys, phone, passport and identity with Secure Sentinel SecurePlus.
Secure Sentinel SecurePlus is a registration and retrieval service for your financial cards, mobile phones and personal possessions. If your wallet is stolen, your keys lost or your passport misplaced, SecurePlus protection can take the time and stress out of the situation and stop you becoming a victim of identity fraud.
Approximately 80,300 Australians aged 15 years and over were victims of identity theft in the five years prior to the survey interview and around a quarter of those victims had incurred financial losses as a result of having their personal details stolen.
But although identity fraud is a crime on the rise, Secure Sentinel SecurePlus can help you maintain control of your identity and keep your finances intact.
Lenders know your credit score, so why shouldn't you?
Get your credit score and comprehensive report now!
How does SecurePlus work?
If you're a SecurePlus member, all you have to do to have your cards and passport cancelled is call Secure Sentinel's customer service centre. This quick action will help prevent criminals using your credit cards or illegally trading your information for more significant identity crimes.
SecurePlus lets members register the details of all their important cards, documents and possessions. Then, when those items are lost or stolen, the process of cancelling credit cards, replacing important documents and taking control of the situation is much simpler to manage.
What are the features and benefits of SecurePlus?
SecurePlus membership offers several impressive benefits that promise security and peace of mind:
- Financial card and passport cancellation and renewal assistance. This is far easier than trying to remember all your different cards, then finding the relevant phone numbers for each financial institution so you can cancel your cards as quickly as possible.
- Identity Watch. This service monitors black market websites, blogs and chat rooms where identity information is illegally traded and alerts you if your personal information has been compromised. Then you will be provided with advice regarding how to prevent yourself from becoming a victim of fraud.
- Fraud deterrent labels. If thieves know your items are protected by Secure Sentinel, they're less likely to steal them, so these labels act as a handy deterrent. They also mean that if you ever lose your items, a simple phone call to Secure Sentinel by whoever finds your lost goods can simplify the return of those items to you.
- Global assistance. You can get in touch with Secure Sentinel's Australian customer support centre 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Their trained staff are experts at managing these sorts of situations and can offer the advice and support you need.
- Emergency cash advance. In cases of loss or theft, eligible members can receive a cash advance of up to $1000 to help deal with emergency expenses.
- Luggage tags. These alert anyone, anywhere in the world who finds your lost baggage to contact Secure Sentinel.
- Online members' portal. This allows you to easily manage and update the details of your financial cards, phone numbers, passport and personal items all in one easy-to-access place.
How does it protect your possessions?
Thieves tend to focus on small, valuable items that are both easy to take and conceal – think mobile phones, MP3 players, cameras, laptops and tablets. If there's no way to identify those possessions as your own, there's very little chance of their return if stolen.
To counter this problem, Secure Sentinel provides fraud deterrent labels. If these labels are attached to your valuable items, thieves will be much less likely to steal them. If you happen to lose an item, all a member of the public has to do is contact Secure Sentinel to help make sure the item is returned to you.
Secure Sentinel members simply register the details of their possessions on the Secure Sentinel website, recording product type, model and serial number. Virtually any product that has a serial number can be registered and this information is often needed when speaking with police or making an insurance claim.
The labels can be applied to a wide range of items including televisions, DVD and Blu-ray players, mp3 players, cameras, computer equipment and even goods such as telescopes and binoculars.
How does it protect your credit cards?
In today's technologically advanced world, thieves have more ways than ever before to get access to your credit card details. As well as simple theft, criminals also employ a number of scams online or over the phone to trick unsuspecting consumers into handing over their credit card information. Once the thieves have this information, they can run up big debts and even apply for new cards in your name.
But if you're a SecurePlus member and you lose your registered financial cards, simply contact Secure Sentinel and it will take immediate action to cancel the cards and assist with the process of arranging for replacements. You don't have to remember all your card details or struggle to track down the relevant phone numbers to call at each financial institution – Secure Sentinel takes care of that for you.
You can also attach a Secure Sentinel fraud deterrent label to your cards, which will make thieves less likely to steal them and will make the return of lost cards much easier.
How does it protect your identity?
In order to protect you against the growing crime of identity theft, SecurePlus features Identity Watch, a service that monitors your personal identifiable information online. It constantly searches for your personal information (such as credit and debit card numbers, phone numbers and email addresses) in places on the internet where information is known to be illegally traded.
If your information is found, Secure Sentinel will send you an email alert to let you know your personal information has been compromised. Then, to help take the stress out of the situation, Secure Sentinel can provide you with advice on the next steps to take to prevent you becoming a victim of fraud.
How to report a loss
To report a loss or theft, or even if you just need assistance, phone Secure Sentinel with either its domestic or international number. Secure Sentinel's customer service centre is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and one of the company's protection specialists will offer immediate support and advice to help you get back on your feet.
A 2012 survey conducted for the Attorney General found that roughly a quarter of Australians had been victims of identity fraud, or knew someone who had. More than 50 per cent of that fraud occurred following mail theft, losing credit or debit cards, or losing important documents such as passports.
A separate study, the Australian Bureau of Statistics' (ABS) Personal Fraud Survey, found Australians lost an estimated $1.4 billion dollars due to personal fraud in 2010-11.
How do I get cover for the Secure Sentenel SecurePlus
To gain access to all the benefits of SecurePlus, you can sign up online.
There are two types of SecurePlus membership available: SecurePlus Individual and SecurePlus Household. Household packages include all the features and benefits of individual membership, but with the added bonus that up to 10 people that live at the same residential address can be protected.