Protect yourself against the financial and emotional stress of identity theft with Secure Sentinel SecureIdentity.
SecureIdentity is similar to Secure Sentinel's SecurePlus but with a couple of key differences. While both packages share many features - financial card and passport cancellation and renewal assistance, the Identity Watch service, fraud deterrent labels, global assistance and more - SecureIdentity also lets you keep track of your credit file.
SecureIdentity membership lets you receive a copy of your credit file to help you determine that your credit history is accurate and up-to-date. You also receive ongoing email alerts to help you keep track of changes to your credit file. Many people don't realise they've been a victim of credit card fraud until long after the damage has been done, so the addition of credit card monitoring to the SecureIdentity package means you can keep track of your credit file and take action immediately if trouble arises.
How does SecureIdentity work?
Secure Sentinel SecureIdentity helps to take a lot of the stress out of what can be a very difficult situation. When your wallet gets stolen or you lose your luggage, time is critical. Once items such as credit cards and passports and the information they contain get into the hands of criminals, you are at risk of identity crime and having a huge debt accumulated in your name. You need to act as quickly as possible to prevent becoming a victim of fraud.
But rather than trying to frantically remember the details of all your cards and items and then track down the right phone numbers to call to cancel your cards, all SecureIdentity members have to do is remember one phone number. A free call to Secure Sentinel's customer service centre is all you need to have your registered cards and passport cancelled and to get back in control of your finances.
You also get the added security of credit file monitoring so that you can keep track of all transactions that have been carried out in your name.
What are the features and benefits of SecureIdentity?
SecureIdentity membership offers several impressive benefits that promise security and peace of mind:
- Credit file and alerts. Get a copy of your credit history to determine if everything in your file is accurate and receive ongoing credit email alerts to help you keep track of changes to your credit file.
- Financial card and passport cancellation and renewal assistance. This is far easier than trying to remember all your different cards, then finding the relevant phone numbers for each financial institution so you can cancel your cards as quickly as possible.
- Identity Watch. This service monitors black market websites where identity information is illegal traded and alerts you if your personal information has been compromised. Then you will be provided with advice on how to prevent yourself becoming a victim of fraud.
- Fraud deterrent labels. If thieves know your items are protected by Secure Sentinel, they're less likely to steal them, so these labels are a deterrent. If you ever lose your items, a simple phone call to Secure Sentinel by whoever finds your lost goods can mean you'll receive your belongings back much faster than through the Police.
- Identity Guard insurance. Providing up to $15,000 to cover the costs of restoring your identity.
- Global assistance. You can get in touch with Secure Sentinel's Australian customer support centre 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Their trained staff are experts at managing these sorts of situations and can offer the advice and support you need.
- Emergency cash advance. In cases of loss or theft, eligible members can receive a cash advance of up to $1000 to help deal with emergency expenses.
- Luggage tags. These alert anyone, anywhere in the world who finds your lost baggage to contact Secure Sentinel.
- Online members' portal. This allows you to easily manage and update the details of your financial cards, phone numbers, passport and personal items all in one easy-to-access place.
How does it protect your credit file?
Your credit file is a very important document, as it basically contains all the information relating to your credit history. It includes details of previous applications you've made for credit, names of lenders providing credit to you and information about any overdue debts. Whenever you apply for a loan or credit, lenders will check this file to examine your financial history and determine whether it's safe for them to lend you money.
However, many people are unaware of the information contained in their credit file and, in some cases, don't know they've been a victim of fraud until they try to apply for credit and discover someone else has been running up debts in their name. This is why the credit file features of SecureIdentity are so important. Receiving a copy of your credit file lets you check that the information it contains is accurate and up-to-date, while ongoing credit email alerts can make you aware of any changes to your credit file.
Then, if you need to act quickly to restore your credit rating, you can do so.
How to report a loss
To report a loss or theft, or even if you just need assistance all you need to do is call Secure Sentinel's customer service centre. They're open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year so you'll be able to get support at any time of the day or year.
How to get cover for the SecureIdentity
To gain access to all the benefits of SecureIdentity, click the 'Go to site' button below. This will give you the option to become a member individually or to get a family membership which covers up to 10 people living at the same residential address.