Secret of Mana is getting the 3D remaster treatment
The classic SNES RPG is receiving a complete visual and audio overhaul.
This new Secret of Mana will remain faithful to the original game in terms of story, but Square Enix is promising upgraded gameplay elements better suited to the modern gaming landscape in addition to the reworked visuals and a newly-arranged musical score.
As the trailer shows off, this isn't on the scale of something like the Final Fantasy VII remake, but it's still a fair effort to translate a 2D RPG into a fully 3D environment. Hopefully Square Enix has used that to iron out some of the kinks the 25-year-old game exhibits in the harsh light of the modern day. And hey, it still looks better than the wonky Shenmue III.
Secret of Mana is due to hit PS4, Vita and PC on 15 February 2018.
- Battle Royale: Treyarch says it will “do it best and better than” Fortnite, PUBG
- Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Review: Show Me What You Got (in VR)
- Dragon’s Crown Pro Review: The pinnacle of 2D visuals
- Command the Australian Centurion in World Of Tanks
- Four Australian FIFA 18 players will compete for a ticket to the Global Series Playoffs tonight