Scuba diving in the Gold Coast
Experience what it's like to breathe underwater with these beginner and certified dives on the Gold Coast.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Ever stood on the shore and wondered what's out there? Take a chance and discover the wonders of the ocean with a scuba dive when you're on the Gold Coast.
A day of scuba fun can include an introductory dive for beginners where you'll be guided through the experience, or you can just get out there and see a new part of the ocean with a certified dive.
Popular locations include Gold Coast Seaway (including Wave Break Island), Scottish Prince Wreck, Palm Beach Reef, Kirra Reef and Narrowneck Beach. The following dives can take you there and further, and to help you decide which to book, we've picked out our favourites based on budget and experience.
Our top picks:
Best for value: Introductory scuba dive with snorkelling with Gold Coast Scuba Diving from RedBalloon
- Cost: $119
- Duration: 4 hours in the water
- Departure location: Main Beach, Gold Coast
- Diving location: Wave Break Island
- Suitable for: No experience necessary. Suitable for ages 12+
- More details: Suitable for first-time divers, this tour includes scuba and snorkelling equipment, light refreshments and return transfers
Best for kids and first-timers: Introductory Scuba Diving on the Gold Coast with Gold Coast Dive Centre from RedBalloon
- Cost: $99
- Duration: Half a day with a 45-minute scuba dive
- Departure location: Miami, Gold Coast. Hotel pick-up is available for free
- Diving location: Wave Break Island
- Suitable for: Ages 12+, no experience necessary
- More details: All equipment and complimentary transfers included and you'll receive a full briefing and instructions for health and safety rules
Best for experienced divers and for experience length: Advanced Open Water Diver Course on the Gold Coast with Gold Coast Dive Centre from Viator
- Cost: $435
- Duration: 3 days, including overnight stays
- Departure location: Gold Coast Dive Centre in Miami, hotel transfers included
- Diving location: Various. Experience involves five dives, each focusing on a different speciality
- Suitable for: Certified divers only
- More details: Do a deep dive to 30 metres, dive using a compass to navigate and try a night dive
Best for price: Gold Coast certified scuba dive tour with Queensland Scuba Dive from Gift It Now
- Cost: $99
- Duration: Full day
- Departure location: Mariners Cove, Main Beach
- Diving location: Off Wave Break Island – 4 dives in total
- Suitable for:Licensed divers only. Must be aged 12+ years
- More details: Includes courtesy pick-up and drop-off and all equipment. You can also hand-feed the fish off Wave Break Island when you're done
Does your company belong in this list?
When is the best time to dive in the Gold Coast?
With its tropical climate, it's possible to dive in the Gold Coast all year round. For the very best weather, consider planning your dive for April or May when you can expect the most comfortable temperatures and lower rainfall.
Scuba diving experiences in the Gold Coast compared
We compare the above-mentioned options by location, price, duration and extras to give a better idea of what to expect. All start on or near Miami Beach, Gold Coast.
|Diving company||Experience||Duration||Includes||Suitable for||Price (from)||Book|
|Gold Coast Dive Centre||Introductory Scuba Diving on the Gold Coast||4 hours||Complimentary pick-up and drop-off to most hotels, all snorkelling gear||Beginners 12 years and over||$99||RedBalloon|
|Queensland Scuba Dive||Gold Coast Certified Scuba Dive Tour||4 hours||Courtesy pick-up and drop-off, all scuba equipment||Certified divers||$99||Gift It Now|
|Gold Coast Dive Centre||Gold Coast Scuba Diving Experience on Wave Break Island||4 hours||Hotel pick-up and drop-off, all scuba equipment||Beginners||$119||Viator|
|Gold Coast Scuba Diving||Introductory Scuba Dive with Snorkeling||4 hours||All scuba and snorkelling equipment, return transfers||Beginners||$119||RedBalloon|
|Gold Coast Dive Centre||Advanced Open Water Diver Course||3 days||Hotel pick-up and drop-off, all gear provided||Certified divers||$435||Viator|
|Gold Coast Dive Centre||Open Water Certification Course||3 days||Hotel pick-up and drop-off, all gear provided||Beginners||$470||Viator|
|Gold Coast Scuba Diving||Certified Open Water Scuba Diving Course||3 days||Return transfers, all scuba equipment||Beginners 10 years of age or older||$470||RedBalloon|
|Gold Coast Dive Centre||Gold Coast Rescue Diver Certification Course||3 days||Hotel pick-up and drop-off, all gear provided||Certified divers||$550||Viator|
Scuba diving deals
More guides on Finder
How to pick a proven budgeting strategy that works for you
We've compared 3 popular approaches to help sort your finances.
Property prices: You need a $100K deposit in every capital city – except this one
Saving a 20% deposit for the median priced property in most Australian cities is a six figure task.
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day home deals to expect: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Bitcoin up 21%: Will El Salvador’s big news kick off a fresh bull run?
Bi-weekly gains of just under 9%.
Ask an Expert