SCU Low Rate Visa Credit Card
Enjoy a 10.49% variable interest rate with the SCU Low Rate Visa.
This credit card also offers a competitive annual fee of $30 and mobile payments through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
Interest free period
|Product Name||Sydney Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate||10.49% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||10.49% p.a.|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- A low interest rate of 10.49% p.a. on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- Charges a 2% foreign transaction fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||2.5% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2%|
|Cash advance fee||$1.75|
|Overseas cash advance fee||4%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$4|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to apply
You can apply for the SCU Low Rate Visa credit card online by filling out a secure application form. Get started now by making sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details you need to complete the application.
- Income. You must have a regular, permanent income.
- Residency status. You can apply for this card if you are an Australian permanent resident or citizen.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal details. This covers your full name, date of birth, contact number, email address, residential address and relationship status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Employment details. This includes your salary, job title, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers other financial information, including any government payments, pensions, savings or other assets, as well as existing debts, credit cards and loans. You also need to provide an estimate of your regular household expenses, such as rental payments, petrol, energy bills and groceries.
- Same interest rate for all spending. The low 10.49% p.a. variable interest rate applies to your purchases, balance transfers and cash advances. This can make it easier for you to estimate interest costs and budget for repayments.
- Visa Offers + Perks. Get access to exclusive discounts and deals on travel, shopping, dining and entertainment all around the world with this benefit from Visa.
- Mobile payments. Add the SCU Low Rate credit card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay account and you can use your phone or compatible device to tap and pay at the checkout.
- Interest free days. If you pay your statement's closing balance in full by the due date, you can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases with this card. Note that interest-free days don't apply when you carry a balance, when you have a balance transfer or when you make a cash advance.
- Security features. As well as Verified by Visa for online purchases, you'll get 24/7 support for lost and stolen cards through the Visa network.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The $30 annual fee on this card is competitive with other low rate and low fee options. This fee is waived if you are an SCU member with a My Life Home Loan.
- Cash advances. A fee of $4 per transaction applies to ATM cash advances made with this card. If you request a Visa cash advance at an SCU branch, a lower cash advance fee of $1.75 applies. Note that cash advance transactions attract interest from the time they are made.
- Currency conversion fee. A 2% fee applies for transactions made overseas or online in a foreign currency.