Back to school 2021: Where to buy school shoes online
Here's where you can shop for a wide range of back-to-school shoes online – and save a bit while you're at it.
Updated . What changed?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
By now, you're probably buying a bunch of back-to-school items. If you've already bought new backpacks, stationery and uniforms, the next item on the list is a pair of school shoes. The importance of a good pair of school shoes is obvious – after all, children will spend over 30 hours a week wearing these shoes. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you pick the perfect pair of shoes.
THE ICONIC is one of Australia's premium destinations for fashion. If you are looking for school shoes that are affordable and unique, then this is the store for you.
- Free delivery on orders over $50
- Free and easy returns
- Afterpay is available
Target is an Australian retailer that is dedicated to making fashion, style, and quality for the whole family. Check out the wide range of school shoes available here.
- Free click and collect on orders over $20
- Free home delivery for orders over $45
- Free 60-day returns
David Jones carries the best Australian and international brands. Prepare your little ones with the comfortable school shoes available at David Jones.
- Free delivery on orders over $50
- Free and easy returns at any store
- Free click and collect
Put your best foot forward with Styletread! Australia’s most popular online destination offers a range of styles, sizes and colours for any occasion.
- Free delivery on orders over $65
- Free 30-day returns
- Sign up and get a $10 voucher for your first purchase
Browse through the stylish and comfortable shoes available at Platypus Shoes this school year. You can find a wide range for boys and girls of any age.
- Free express delivery on orders over $130
- Afterpay is available
- 30-day return policy
Does your company belong in this list?
Which of these retailers offer free delivery?
- THE ICONIC: Free shipping on orders over $50
- Target Australia: Free shipping on orders over $45
- David Jones: Free shipping on orders over $50
- SurfStitch: Free shipping on orders over $60
- Styletread: Free shipping on orders over $65
- ASOS: Free shipping on orders over $100
- Myer: Free shipping on orders over $49
- rebel: Free shipping on orders over $150
- Glue Store: Free shipping on orders over $50
- Platypus Shoes: Free shipping on orders over $130
Shoe buying guide: Tips and essentials
- Don't make the mistake of buying too big. Choosing the right size might seem obvious, but the truth is, picking the right fit is very difficult. If you choose a size that fits snugly now, they'll be too small in just a couple of months. As a result, many people buy shoes that are just way too big and this puts kids at risk of tripping, rolled ankles and back problems. There should be no more than a thumb's width of space between your child's longest toe and the end of the shoe – any more room than that and they're too big. Also, remember to make sure there is room for socks.
- It's all about the heel. One of the most important things to check is to ensure that the heel of the foot sits firmly and securely in the back of the shoe. If your child's heel is not sitting firmly in the back of the shoe, it means the shoes are either too big or just not supportive enough. This can lead to blisters and tripping in the short term and more serious consequences in the long term. Make sure that the shoes you choose allow your child's heel to sit securely at the very back of the shoe.
- Choose the correct fit. Each child is unique. Some children have slender feet with a curved arch while others have wide feet with a flatter arch. Parents should choose the correct fit to ensure that their child will be as comfortable as possible when they are walking and running. If in doubt, take your child into a store to find out what kinds of shoes fit their foot before making any purchases.
- Get your child's opinion. The most important consideration in picking school shoes is to get the opinion of your child. Ask questions to make sure that the shoes don't hurt their feet. Also, keep in mind that your child should be comfortable with the style of the shoe in addition to the sizing.
- Keep the school dress code in mind: conservative or liberal? Some schools have a very strict attitude toward school shoes and others are a little more liberal. You don't want your child sent home with a note saying that their shoes aren't suitable for school, especially if they're brand new. Ask your child or call the school to find out if there are any rules to keep in mind when buying new shoes. If you're unsure, it's always safer to err on the side of a more conservative shoe.
The best back-to-school deals and discounts:
Popular Back to school - stationery coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|28 Dec 2020||FREE returns for all orders within Australia||********|
|13 May 2020||FREE home delivery on orders over $45||********|
|18 Jan 2021||$20 off when you sign up||********|
|24 Jul 2019||Free shipping||********|
|24 Jul 2019||Buy stationary and gifts||********|
More guides on Finder
Where to buy tools online with Afterpay
Get the tools you need to tackle your next project sooner when you shop using Afterpay.
Where to buy shoes online with Zip Pay
Refresh your shoe rack for less at the footwear retailers offering Zip Pay.
Where to buy melatonin online in Australia
If you've been meaning to try melatonin to help you get to sleep, this is where you can find it online.
Where to buy non-alcoholic drinks online in Australia
Enjoy a beverage without the hangover – this is where you can shop zero-alcohol drinks online.
Where to buy a Christmas tree online in Australia
You can't celebrate the holidays without a Christmas tree. Here's where to buy one online.
Where to buy CeraVe online in Australia
This is exactly where you can get your hands on the cult affordable skincare brand in Australia.
Where to buy Cetaphil online in Australia
This is where you can shop all things Cetaphil online in Australia.
Where to buy White Claw online in Australia
If you want to get your hands on White Claw, check out these Australian stores.
Where to buy kids underwear online in Australia
If you're looking for children's underwear, you'll find it at these online retailers.
Where to buy kids sneakers online in Australia
Nike, adidas, Converse – this is where you can find all types of kids sneakers online.
Ask an Expert