School holiday travel deals
Ideas and deals on the greatest summer holiday escapes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The school holidays may be a nice break, but they can often get hectic. Crowds fill cities and towns with shoppers and sightseers, and if you’ve got kids, coming up with weeks’ worth of boredom busters is no easy feat.
So why not boycott the stress this season? Leave it all behind and head out on holiday.
School holiday travel deals
Popular School Holiday Travel Deals coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|21 Sep 2020||$10 off your next order||********|
|14 Oct 2020||Up to 15% off last-minute trips||********|
|13 Jan 2021||$1/day one-way car hire in Australia||********|
|21 Sep 2020||Up to 10% off young traveller discount||********|
|7 Jul 2020||Up to 20% off experiences||********|
Best places to travel with kids during school holidays
- Gold Coast. The Gold Coast is a goldmine as far as things to do as a family are concerned. There’s a list of amusement parks, such as Dreamworld, Warner Bros. Movie World and Wet’n’Wild, that your family can enjoy. For grown-ups, there’s the nightlife of Surfers Paradise and an almost endless stretch of seaside to sunbathe on.
- Sunshine Coast. Both kids and big kids are catered to on the Sunshine Coast. Beach time, rainforest hikes, 4x4 adventures through national parks and harbour cruises can all be factored into a holiday here whether you're single, a couple or a family.
- Byron Bay. Laid back beach holidays are the name of the game in Byron, plus there's plenty of national parks to explore in the Hinterland.
- Busselton. The calm waters of Geographe Bay make this town south of Perth ideal for a family beach break.
Looking for more family holiday inspiration? Check out our top picks for where to go in each state:
Tips for travelling during school holidays
There’s no getting round the fact that summer holidays push up the price of holidays, but there are a few things you can do to make sure your getaway won’t break the bank.
- Keep an eye out for flash sales. Big brands often run short sales. If you’re open minded about where you want to go, you might bag a deal.
- Be savvy. Compare holiday prices on a price comparison site like finder.
- Consider a big brand. Many of the big brand holiday companies run deals like free places for children. Sign up to newsletters to keep in the loop.
- Consider all-inclusive. Going all-inclusive can take a bit of the strain off the budget if you’re travelling with a brood, so look for a holiday that includes meals, like a cruise or a resort.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off car essentials at Catch, half-price meat thermometers, eBay Plus tech sale.
Best caravan parks on the Sunshine Coast
Discover more than just idyllic beaches and untouched national parks along the Sunshine Coast.
Best caravan parks in Noosa
Find the best caravan parks in Noosa and discover the perfect base for exploring the Noosa everglades, Noosa National Park and even heading over to Fraser Island.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Melbourne 2021
Go out for brunch, hit the beach, cruise the waterways and more. Here's what to get up to on Boxing Day in Melbourne.
Boxing Day Sales 2021 | Deals to be revealed
Find all the best sales, deals and offers in one place for fashion, electronics, travel, beauty, homewares and toys.
Holiday homes in Port Macquarie
Find out exactly where to book your Port Macquarie holiday home online.
Caloundra hotels | Where to stay in the Sunshine Coast town
Compare Caloundra hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Holiday homes in Darwin
Escape to the top end with a range of holiday homes to suit any traveller.
Gold Coast resorts for luxury accommodation with all the views
Here are the beachfront resorts with outdoor pools, kids' clubs, acclaimed restaurants and more to really set the scene on your next Gold Coast holiday.
Family getaways from Canberra to put smiles on their dials
Break out of the big city and explore the local townships, national parks and beaches with your brood these school holidays.
Ask an Expert