Here’s how to keep the kids busy over the school holidays in Brisbane.
Much of Queensland breaks for the Easter school holidays from 24 March until 11 April. If you have little ones, you’ll want to fill that two-week break with as many activities as possible to entertain them and tire them out. As the holidays fall during the Easter long weekend (25-28 March, inclusive), you have more than a handful of school holiday activities available to kickstart the holiday. Here are a few that take minutes to book but give hours of fun:
Top school holiday activities to do with your kids in Brisbane
Featured image: Slide the City
When are the 2016 school holidays in Brisbane?
Best family friendly activities to keep your kids busy during school holidays in Brisbane
These jam-packed, hands-on activities and adventures will capture and amuse them to no end. Your kids might even learn a new skill while they’re at it.
School holiday events in Brisbane to attend
Searching for something fun to do that only comes around once a school holiday? Organise your days around events happening near you. Here are our top picks for what to do around town during the school holidays.
- Have fun with science at a holiday science theatre show where you'll watch demonstrations with rockets, explosions, sound, electricity and space. Sciencentre at Queensland Museum, South Brisbane QLD 4101
- Explore the museum after dark for two nights only during the schooll holidays. Late night entry also includes expert talks, demonstrations, live music and films. 8-9 July, Dinosaur Discovery, Sciencentre and Measure Island at Queensland Museum, South Brisbane QLD 4101
8 free school holiday activities Brisbane
- Splash around at the urban Streets Beach in the South Bank Parklands
- Visit the Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art and check out the APT8 Kids display, which is part of the 8th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art, and see the interactive artworks
- Follow along the kilometre-long Aboriginal Art Trail at Mt Coot-tha to see contemporary art works, tree carvings and rock paints
- Check out the exhibits at the Queensland Museum and join school holiday programs like A Knight's Quest
- Explore the nearby D'Aguilar National Park's rainforests and hills
- Stroll around the Brisbane City Botanic Gardens and find the perfect spot for a picnic
- Check out the views of the city from the Kangaroo Point Cliffs Park
- Go to The Corner at the Queensland State Library and check out what children's activities are on
Top coupon codes and discounts for activities and attractions in Brisbane
Show code & visit siteEX****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteBU****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Save up to 70% on local deals
Shop for dining experiences, attractions and more for up to 70% off.
Feature Image: Queensland Art Gallery Gallery of Modern Art