Here’s how to keep the kids busy over the school holidays in Brisbane.
Much of Queensland breaks for the Christmas school holidays from 10 December 2016 until 22 January 2017. If you have little ones, you’ll want to fill that mammoth six-week break with as many activities as possible to entertain them and tire them out. As this is the Christmas school we're talking about, you have more than a handful of seasonal activities available to kickstart the holiday. Here are a few that take minutes to book but give hours of fun:
Top school holiday activities to do with your kids in Brisbane
When are the 2017 school holidays in Brisbane?
Best family friendly activities to keep your kids busy during school holidays in Brisbane
These jam-packed, hands-on activities and adventures will capture and amuse them to no end. Your kids might even learn a new skill while they’re at it.
School holiday events in Brisbane to attend
Searching for something fun to do that only comes around once a school holiday? Organise your days around events happening near you. Here are our top picks for what to do around town during the school holidays.
- Check out Brisbane and Gold Coast’s hottest attractions. Grab an iVenture card and tackle the fun of attractions like Aquaduck Safaris, Dracula’s Haunted House, kayaking and glow worm hunting.
- Step inside the world's largest experiment AKA the Hadron Collider at Queensland Museum. On loan from the Science Museum in London, this recreation of the powerful particle accelerator that's buried beneath the Swiss-French border lets you get up close and personal with the experiment. It will be available to view from 9 December 2016 to 25 April 2017. Queensland Museum, Corner of Grey and Melbourne Streets, South Bank, South Brisbane
- Have fun with science at a holiday science theatre show where you'll watch demonstrations with rockets, explosions, sound, electricity and space. Sciencentre at Queensland Museum, South Brisbane
- Have a ball at the Woodford Folk Festival. This iconic arts and music festival offers a family-friendly environment and features the works of over 2,500 artists over six days. Woodfordia.
9 free school holiday activities Brisbane
- Marvel at Australia's biggest gingerbread house at Rydges South Bank. Made of 170kgs of dough, they won't believe t when they set their eyes on this creation. 6-25 December.
- Catch a free Christmas movie in the park. As part of its summer program, Roma Street Parkland becomes an outdoor movie cinema playing stacks of Christmas movies for the whole family including Arthur Christmas, Dr Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Santa Clause.
- Splash around at the urban Streets Beach in the South Bank Parklands
- Spend the afternoon browsing the produce and boutique wares at the Carseldine Farmers and Artisan Markets
- Follow along the kilometre-long Aboriginal Art Trail at Mt Coot-tha to see contemporary art works, tree carvings and rock paints
- Explore the nearby D'Aguilar National Park's rainforests and hills
- Stroll around the Brisbane City Botanic Gardens and find the perfect spot for a picnic
- Check out the views of the city from the Kangaroo Point Cliffs Park
- Go to The Corner at the Queensland State Library and check out what children's activities are on
Top coupon codes and discounts for activities and attractions in Brisbane
Show code & visit siteEX****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Save up to 70% on local deals
Shop for dining experiences, attractions and more for up to 70% off.
Feature Image: Queensland Art Gallery Gallery of Modern Art