Here’s how to keep the kids busy over the school holidays in Brisbane.
A few weeks of school-free time here for Queensland kids. Luckily, there's more than a handful of year-round and seasonal activities available to kickstart the upcoming school holiday.
Here are a few that take minutes to book but provide hours of fun:
Top school holiday activities to do with your kids in Brisbane
When are the 2017 school holidays in Brisbane?
Best family friendly activities to keep your kids busy during school holidays in Brisbane
These jam-packed, hands-on activities and adventures will capture and amuse them to no end. Your kids might even learn a new skill while they’re at it.
School holiday events in Brisbane to attend
Searching for something fun to do that only comes around once a school holiday? Organise your days around events happening near you. Here are our top picks for what to do around town during the school holidays.
- Get your superhero on, grab the popcorn and catch a Marvel flick at the Marvel Cinematic Universe screening event. Movies play at 10am daily until 3 September, QAGOMA
- The wonders and craftsmanship of taxidermy come to life at A Room for Wild Animals. Nearly 20 specimens from big cats to bears from around the world will be on display. Until 31 August, The Workshops at Queensland Museum
- Entertain and delight by booking a seat at the live performance of 101 Dalmatians. Good for all ages. Until 2 September, Brisbane Arts Theatre
- Take them to experience their first taste of snow at Snow4Kids in the city. Activities include tobogganing, snowman making and more. 24 June to 9 July, South Bank Pizza
7 free school holiday activities Brisbane
- Splash around at the urban Streets Beach in the South Bank Parklands
- Spend the afternoon browsing the produce and boutique wares at the Carseldine Farmers and Artisan Markets
- Follow along the kilometre-long Aboriginal Art Trail at Mt Coot-tha to see contemporary art works, tree carvings and rock paints
- Explore the nearby D'Aguilar National Park's rainforests and hills
- Stroll around the Brisbane City Botanic Gardens and find the perfect spot for a picnic
- Check out the views of the city from the Kangaroo Point Cliffs Park
- Go to The Corner at the Queensland State Library and check out what children's activities are on
Top coupon codes and discounts for activities and attractions in Brisbane
Show code & visit siteEX****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code