"Bored" is not a word you'll hear these school holidays with these top activities.
Whether you're planning to stay at home or go away for the holidays, there's a boundless number of exciting activities to keep the little ones entertained.
With a slew of arts and crafts, games, sports, adventures and even a few freebies thrown in there, find the perfect mix of school holiday activities for their next break here.
When are the next school holidays in 2018?
- New South Wales: 14-29 April 2018
- Queensland: 30 March - 16 April 2018
- Victoria: 30 March - 15 April 2018
- Western Australia: 14-29 April 2018
- South Australia: 14-29 April 2018
- ACT: 14-29 April 2018
- Tasmania: 14-29 April 2018
- Northern Territory: 14-22 April 2018
Looking for local adventures to have during these school holidays?
Kids getting cabin fever? Find an exciting local activity to join, like kayaking with seals, jetboating on the Gold Coast, or exploring caves in the Blue Mountains.
9 ways to keep your kids busy at home during school holidays
From arts and crafts to video games, here are a few small things you can get that can fill a big gap in your kid's holiday break.
Nintendo switch controllers
DIY Keyring kit
Roald Dahl 15-Book Set
Giant lawn bowling set
Design-your-own pillow set
Super Mario Maker + Artbook Wii U Game
Minecraft: Story Mode
Monopoly Classic board game
6 free school holidays activities
- Have a picnic, a stroll or a bike ride through a local park or botanic gardens.
- Splash around at your nearest beach, splash pad or swimming pool.
- Check out a local museum or art gallery, many which offer areas for children with interactive displays during the holidays.
- Explore nearby bushland and national parks along kid-friendly tracks and spot wildlife.
- Check out a local market.
- Head to a local library - many offer kid-friendly programming during school holidays, or just find a new book to read or pick up an old classic.