Scenic flights in Sydney: A guide to where, when and the best deals
Fly high above Sydney on an adventurous flight to see the sights.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Sydneysiders love to boast about their beautiful harbour but it’s one thing to see it from the ground and a completely different experience taking it in from the sky.
Even if you think you’ve seen everything Sydney has to offer, a scenic flight around the harbour and Sydney’s coastline will give you panoramic views and uninterrupted photo opportunities.
Scenic flight deals in Sydney
Popular Tourist Attractions & Experiences coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|21 Oct 2020||Up to 75% off Australia activities + Extra up to 30% off with code||REM****|
|20 Oct 2020||Extra 10% off Australia activities with code||RBF****|
|20 Oct 2020||Extra $10 off site-wide with code||FDR****|
|8 Oct 2020||Northern Territory activities from $36 + Extra $10 off off with code||FDR****|
|21 Oct 2020||Up to $20 off skydiving with code||GRO****|
Where can I get scenic flights in Sydney?
Shorter flights are centred around Sydney Harbour including the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. With some extra time, you can see Manly, Bondi Beach and fly as far as Long Reef. Flights take off from Rose Bay, Bankstown or Mascot Airport, all less than an hour from the city centre.
Our top picks: Scenic flights you can book now
Best for price: Sydney seaplanes scenic flight from Adrenaline
- $200 per adult and $150 per child
- Fly in a restored, classic Beaver seaplane
- Views over Bondi Beach and Sydney Harbour
- 15-minute flight reaching up to 1,000 feet
Best for value: Sydney scenic helicopter family flight from RedBalloon
- 12-minute helicopter flight over Sydney for four people
- Total price is $399 making it just $100 per person
- Fly in a luxury four-seat Black Bell Jet Ranger
- Use the same helicopter flown by local and visiting celebrities
Best for experience length: Sydney sightseeing and aerobatic joy flight from Viator
- Spend 50 minutes in the air
- Combine Sydney scenery with thrilling aerial moves
- Enjoy aerial thrills as the pilot performs aerobatic maneuvers like loops and rolls
- Flies all the way past Manly to Long Reef
Best for views: Sydney seaplane flight from Adrenaline
- See the Sydney highlights from a seaplane
- Includes a seafood lunch and glass of champagne at Empire Lounge on the waterfront in Rose Bay
- Views over Bondi Beach, the Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Sydney’s eastern suburbs
- Climb to 1,000 feet
Does your company belong in this list?
Scenic flights in Sydney compared: Price and Duration
|Booking company||Price||Duration||Extras/inclusions available|
|Adrenaline||$179+||Minimum 15 minutes|
|RedBalloon||$200+||Minimum 15 minutes|
|Experience Oz||$190+||Minimum 20 minutes|
|Viator||$179+||Minimum 20 minutes|
Feature image: RedBalloon
Ask an Expert