Extra $10 off Northern Territory activities with code
Scenic flights in Sydney: A guide to where, when and the best deals
Fly high above Sydney on an adventurous flight to see the sights.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Sydneysiders love to boast about their beautiful harbour but it’s one thing to see it from the ground and a completely different experience taking it in from the sky.
Even if you think you’ve seen everything Sydney has to offer, a scenic flight around the harbour and Sydney’s coastline will give you panoramic views and uninterrupted photo opportunities.
Scenic flight deals in Sydney
Where can I get scenic flights in Sydney?
Shorter flights are centred around Sydney Harbour including the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. With some extra time, you can see Manly, Bondi Beach and fly as far as Long Reef. Flights take off from Rose Bay, Bankstown or Mascot Airport, all less than an hour from the city centre.
Our top picks: Scenic flights you can book now
Best for price: Sydney seaplanes scenic flight from Adrenaline
- $200 per adult and $150 per child
- Fly in a restored, classic Beaver seaplane
- Views over Bondi Beach and Sydney Harbour
- 15-minute flight reaching up to 1,000 feet
Best for value: Sydney scenic helicopter family flight from RedBalloon
- 12-minute helicopter flight over Sydney for four people
- Total price is $399 making it just $100 per person
- Fly in a luxury four-seat Black Bell Jet Ranger
- Use the same helicopter flown by local and visiting celebrities
Best for experience length: Sydney sightseeing and aerobatic joy flight from Viator
- Spend 50 minutes in the air
- Combine Sydney scenery with thrilling aerial moves
- Enjoy aerial thrills as the pilot performs aerobatic maneuvers like loops and rolls
- Flies all the way past Manly to Long Reef
Best for views: Sydney seaplane flight from Adrenaline
- See the Sydney highlights from a seaplane
- Includes a seafood lunch and glass of champagne at Empire Lounge on the waterfront in Rose Bay
- Views over Bondi Beach, the Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Sydney’s eastern suburbs
- Climb to 1,000 feet
Does your company belong in this list?
Scenic flights in Sydney compared: Price and Duration
|Booking company||Price||Duration||Extras/inclusions available|
|Adrenaline||$179+||Minimum 15 minutes|
|RedBalloon||$200+||Minimum 15 minutes|
|Experience Oz||$190+||Minimum 20 minutes|
|Viator||$179+||Minimum 20 minutes|
Feature image: RedBalloon
More guides on Finder
10 steps to get into property in 2022
This step-by-step process makes it easy for almost anyone to get their first investment property – and make it a winner.
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: 71% off Soundcore wireless earbuds, half-price Derma Rollers, 59% off Sandisk storage.
Lido’s liquid staking allows investors holding LUNA and less than 32 ETH to reap the rewards of DeFi staking
5 skills experienced traders can apply to Bitcoin and crypto markets in 2022
SPONSORED: Why your forex market skills might be more applicable to crypto trading than you think.
Finder Green Fave: Sukin Natural Deodorant
Sukin's natural deodorant smells nice and is aluminium free, vegan and carbon neutral.
KuCoin vs Binance
Compare what KuCoin and Binance have on offer to find the best exchange for you.
Blue Powder overview: Rapid COVID-19 PCR testing for travel
Are the PCR tests available at Blue Powder the right solution to ensure a safe return to international travel? Check out our review.
How to stake Qtum
Learn what Qtum staking is and how to stake it via Qtum Web Wallet, Qtum Core and an exchange.
RAT rort: ACCC says this is what a rapid antigen test should cost
The ACCC has significant concerns about the cost of rapid antigen tests and is referring matters to both the TGA and AFP.
Ask an Expert