Scenic flights in Tasmania: A guide to where, when and the best deals
Before you book a scenic flight in Tasmania, take a minute to look at this handy tip-filled guide.
There are some parts of Tasmania that are pretty hard to get to on foot. Make life easier for yourself by booking a scenic plane flight.
50 minutes in the sky can get you to remote and unspoilt places like Southwest National Park and the Freycinet Peninsula, with its pink granite peaks.
Here are a few of the top itinerary choices to chew over.
Scenic flights in Tasmania deals
Popular Tourist Attractions & Experiences coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|20 Sep 2020||Up to 75% off local deals + Extra up to 10% off||WAN****|
|19 Aug 2020||Extra $10 off site-wide with code||FDR****|
|19 Aug 2020||Extra 10% off Australia activities with code||RBF****|
|9 Sep 2020||Up to 20% off experiences for 2 + Extra 10% off with code||RBF****|
|9 Sep 2020||Up to 60% off Australia activities + Extra 10% off with code||RBF****|
Where can I take Scenic flights in Tasmania?
- Par Avion – South-West, East Coast, West Coast, Hobart
- Island Scenic Flights – Bruny Island
- Freycinet Air – Freycinet Peninsula
Our top picks
Best for value: Scenic Flight and Boat Trip – Half Day, Par Avion from RedBalloon
- Spend 50 minutes in the air on the way to Southwest National Park from $395 per person
- See the jagged Federation Peak and the Western Arthur Range before you land at Melaleuca
- Take a 60-minute speed boat ride to the marine reserve of Bathurst Harbour
- Keep an eye out for endangered orange-bellied parrots
Best for experience length: Strahan Day Trip by Air from Hobart with Gordon River Cruise, Par Avion and Gordon Cruises from Viator
- Spend 9 hours exploring Tasmania by air and land
- Kick the day off with a 50-minute flight to harbourside Strahan
- Board a catamaran and spend five hours floating down the Gordon River
- See UNESCO-listed landscapes and take a walking tour on Sarah Island
Best for flight height and speed: Aerobatic WWII Experience Flight, Tasmanian Warbird Adventures from Adrenaline
- Join an ex-RAF fighter pilot on this 20-minute thrill ride
- Experience aerobatics and ground attack manoeuvres
- Try al fresco flying – with the canopy open
- Reach speeds of up to 370km an hour
Best for views: A Day in the Wilderness Tour, Par Avion from Experience Oz
- Fly from Hobart to the remote south-west
- Fly over some of Tasmania’s most unspoilt landscapes
- Land and take a boat tour around Bathurst Harbour Marine Reserve
- See the uninhabited Celery Top Islands
Does your company belong in this list?
Scenic flights in Tasmania companies compared
|Experience||Book with||Price (from)||Location flown across||Duration||Extras/Inclusions|
|A Day in the Wilderness Tour||Experience Oz||$495||Bathurst Harbour, Port Davey, D’Entrecasteaux Channel, Melaleuca||8 hours|
|Scenic Flight and Boat Trip||RedBalloon||$495||Hartz Mountain National Park, Federation Peak, Western Arthur Range, Port Davey Marine Reserve, South Coast||8 hours, including 50-minute plane ride each way|
|Aerobatic WWII Experience Flight||Adrenaline||$600||Hobart, Mount Wellington, Bruny Island, Southern Ocean||20–30 minutes|
|Hobart Scenic Flights||Experience Oz||$149||Hobart, Southwest World Heritage Site, Bathurst Harbour, Port Davey||20–60 minutes|
Ask an Expert