Scenic flights in Tasmania: A guide to where, when and the best deals
Before you book a scenic flight in Tasmania, take a minute to look at this handy tip-filled guide.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
There are some parts of Tasmania that are pretty hard to get to on foot. Make life easier for yourself by booking a scenic plane flight.
50 minutes in the sky can get you to remote and unspoilt places like Southwest National Park and the Freycinet Peninsula, with its pink granite peaks.
Here are a few of the top itinerary choices to chew over.
Scenic flights in Tasmania deals
Where can I take Scenic flights in Tasmania?
- Par Avion – South-West, East Coast, West Coast, Hobart
- Island Scenic Flights – Bruny Island
- Freycinet Air – Freycinet Peninsula
Our top picks
Best for value: Scenic Flight and Boat Trip – Half Day, Par Avion from RedBalloon
- Spend 50 minutes in the air on the way to Southwest National Park from $395 per person
- See the jagged Federation Peak and the Western Arthur Range before you land at Melaleuca
- Take a 60-minute speed boat ride to the marine reserve of Bathurst Harbour
- Keep an eye out for endangered orange-bellied parrots
Best for experience length: Strahan Day Trip by Air from Hobart with Gordon River Cruise, Par Avion and Gordon Cruises from Viator
- Spend 9 hours exploring Tasmania by air and land
- Kick the day off with a 50-minute flight to harbourside Strahan
- Board a catamaran and spend five hours floating down the Gordon River
- See UNESCO-listed landscapes and take a walking tour on Sarah Island
Best for flight height and speed: Aerobatic WWII Experience Flight, Tasmanian Warbird Adventures from Adrenaline
- Join an ex-RAF fighter pilot on this 20-minute thrill ride
- Experience aerobatics and ground attack manoeuvres
- Try al fresco flying – with the canopy open
- Reach speeds of up to 370km an hour
Best for views: A Day in the Wilderness Tour, Par Avion from Experience Oz
- Fly from Hobart to the remote south-west
- Fly over some of Tasmania’s most unspoilt landscapes
- Land and take a boat tour around Bathurst Harbour Marine Reserve
- See the uninhabited Celery Top Islands
Does your company belong in this list?
Scenic flights in Tasmania companies compared
|Experience||Book with||Price (from)||Location flown across||Duration||Extras/Inclusions|
|A Day in the Wilderness Tour||Experience Oz||$495||Bathurst Harbour, Port Davey, D’Entrecasteaux Channel, Melaleuca||8 hours|
|Scenic Flight and Boat Trip||RedBalloon||$495||Hartz Mountain National Park, Federation Peak, Western Arthur Range, Port Davey Marine Reserve, South Coast||8 hours, including 50-minute plane ride each way|
|Aerobatic WWII Experience Flight||Adrenaline||$600||Hobart, Mount Wellington, Bruny Island, Southern Ocean||20–30 minutes|
|Hobart Scenic Flights||Experience Oz||$149||Hobart, Southwest World Heritage Site, Bathurst Harbour, Port Davey||20–60 minutes|
More guides on Finder
Holiday homes in Tasmania
Discover the plethora of holiday home options currently available in Tasmania.
Tasmania travel restrictions | Where you can go in April 2021
Read our up-to-date guide on the accommodation, tourist attractions and travel services open in Tasmania as well as any rules and restrictions you should know about.
Best remote beaches in Australia you’ll practically have to yourself
We found the top remote beaches in Australia so that you can venture off of the tourist trail and experience pristine beaches all to yourself.
6 of the most scenic Tasmania road trip itineraries
We’ve just planned your next holiday with these sample Tasmania road trip itineraries that include where to go, what to see, where to stay, how far you’ll be driving each day and more.
Cheap Flights of the Week: Tasmania, Japan and New Zealand
Take a trip to Tasmania, jump on over to Japan for some winter sports or fly somewhere a little closer to home and experience the beauty of Christchurch, New Zealand.
12 best places to visit in the USA
Find out which places in the USA are must-visits, ranging from incredible cities to draw-dropping nature sites. The USA is one place where you’re going to want to spend some time.
Best places to visit in New Zealand
We have some of the best places to visit in New Zealand for natural landscapes, beauty, cities full of fun and food, adrenaline-pumping activities and more.
Best places to visit in Tasmania
From Cradle Mountain to Hobart and everything in between, these are our top picks for the best places to visit in Tasmania.
Hot air ballooning in Tasmania: A guide to the top experiences, locations and deals
This is everything you need to know about taking flight over our most southern state.
Best places to visit in Melbourne and its surrounds
Discover the top areas and best things to do in Melbourne to make your trip to this unique city unforgettable.
Ask an Expert