Avoid the crowds and experience Melbourne with unobstructed panoramic views from the sky.
Whether you opt for ten minutes or one hour, a scenic flight around Melbourne is the best way to take in the scenery and in much less time.
You can visit the Twelve Apostles in the morning and be back in time for lunch and shopping in the city.
Follow our guide to the top scenic flights in Melbourne and you can be up in the air before you know it.
Deals on scenic flights in Melbourne
Popular Tourist Attractions & Experiences coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|26 Jun 2019||Up to 15% off site-wide with code||MEG****|
|25 Jun 2019||Extra 10% off whale watching with code||FIN****|
|16 Apr 2019||Up to 67% off + extra $15 off with code||EXT****|
|15 Apr 2019||$30 off activities and experiences||SUM****|
|9 Apr 2019||Up to 50% off experiences + extra 10% off with code||FIN****|
Where can I do scenic flights in Melbourne?
Flights take off from a variety of airports dotted around Melbourne, most within an hour’s drive of the city centre.
- Lilydale Airport
- Moorabbin Airport
- Barwon Heads Airport
- Essendon Airport
Our top picks of scenic flights you can book now
Best for price: 20-minute Tiger Moth Flight from Experience Oz
- For just $190 fly in a real vintage Tiger Moth aircraft, first flown in 1930
- Wear all the vintage flying gear, including a leather jacket, helmet, goggles and a scarf
- Have the opportunity to take control of the aircraft yourself
- Views of Yarra Valley including Yering, Coldstream and Yarra Glen
Best for value: Historic DC3 Flight and Lunch at King Island from RedBalloon
- Visit the beautiful and remote King Island for a full-day experience at just $499
- Enjoy a delicious buffet-style lunch
- Step back in time and travel in a historic DC3 to the north-western tip of Tasmania
- Take in the views of the city skyline, Port Phillip Bay and through the heads
Best for experience length: Great Ocean Road Twelve Apostles Scenic Flight from Adrenaline
- One-hour sightseeing tour of the Twelve Apostles and Great Ocean Road
- Modern air-conditioned Cessna with comfortable leather seats
- Friendly and informative commentary from a local pilot
- Windows 7x larger than an airliner
Best for views: Twilight Flight over Melbourne CBD from RedBalloon
- Take a flight over Melbourne CBD at twilight
- Includes views over Port Phillip Bay, Westgate Bridge and Bolte Bridge
- Get the best of both worlds with views during the day and then watch the sunset over Melbourne
Scenic flight companies and tours compared
|Booking company||Price (from)||Location||Duration||Exttras/Inclusions|
|Experience Oz||$190||Yarra Valley||20 minutes|
|RedBalloon||$499||King Island||7 hours|
|RedBalloon||$250||Melbourne City||30 minutes|
|Adrenaline||$420||Great Ocean Road||1 hour|