Up to 23% off flying experiences plus an extra $5 off with code
Scenic flights in Melbourne: A guide to where, when and the best deals
Avoid the crowds and experience Melbourne with unobstructed panoramic views from the sky.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Whether you opt for ten minutes or one hour, a scenic flight around Melbourne is the best way to take in the scenery and in much less time.
You can visit the Twelve Apostles in the morning and be back in time for lunch and shopping in the city.
Follow our guide to the top scenic flights in Melbourne and you can be up in the air before you know it.
Deals on scenic flights in Melbourne
Where can I do scenic flights in Melbourne?
Flights take off from a variety of airports dotted around Melbourne, most within an hour’s drive of the city centre.
- Lilydale Airport
- Moorabbin Airport
- Barwon Heads Airport
- Essendon Airport
Our top picks of scenic flights you can book now
Best for price: 20-minute Tiger Moth Flight from Experience Oz
- For just $190 fly in a real vintage Tiger Moth aircraft, first flown in 1930
- Wear all the vintage flying gear, including a leather jacket, helmet, goggles and a scarf
- Have the opportunity to take control of the aircraft yourself
- Views of Yarra Valley including Yering, Coldstream and Yarra Glen
Best for value: Historic DC3 Flight and Lunch at King Island from RedBalloon
- Visit the beautiful and remote King Island for a full-day experience at just $499
- Enjoy a delicious buffet-style lunch
- Step back in time and travel in a historic DC3 to the north-western tip of Tasmania
- Take in the views of the city skyline, Port Phillip Bay and through the heads
Best for experience length: Great Ocean Road Twelve Apostles Scenic Flight from Adrenaline
- One-hour sightseeing tour of the Twelve Apostles and Great Ocean Road
- Modern air-conditioned Cessna with comfortable leather seats
- Friendly and informative commentary from a local pilot
- Windows 7x larger than an airliner
Best for views: Twilight Flight over Melbourne CBD from RedBalloon
- Take a flight over Melbourne CBD at twilight
- Includes views over Port Phillip Bay, Westgate Bridge and Bolte Bridge
- Get the best of both worlds with views during the day and then watch the sunset over Melbourne
Does your company belong in this list?
Scenic flight companies and tours compared
|Booking company||Price (from)||Location||Duration||Exttras/Inclusions|
|Experience Oz||$190||Yarra Valley||20 minutes|
|RedBalloon||$499||King Island||7 hours|
|RedBalloon||$250||Melbourne City||30 minutes|
|Adrenaline||$420||Great Ocean Road||1 hour|
More guides on Finder
Canberra road trip itineraries
You’ll have the car packed up in no time with these Canberra road trip must-sees.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Melbourne 2021
Go out for brunch, hit the beach, cruise the waterways and more. Here's what to get up to on Boxing Day in Melbourne.
9 Northern Territory road trip itineraries for epic outback adventures
Hit the open outback road and explore some of the NT's most scenic national parks, waterfalls and hot springs.
Western Australia travel restrictions: Where you can go in September 2021
What you need to know before you travel in WA, including which attractions and national parks are open, where you can stay and the available modes of transport.
Tasmania travel restrictions | Where you can go in September 2021
Read our up-to-date guide on the accommodation, tourist attractions and travel services open in Tasmania as well as any rules and restrictions you should know about.
Where to go in Adelaide
Venture through Adelaide’s city streets and beyond with this guide to help you find exactly what you’re looking for in and around this must-visit city.
Best places to visit in New South Wales
From tropical, offshore islands to scintillating wine regions, we've rounded up the best places to visit around the state .
What’s open in Melbourne right now?
Here's everything you need to know about what's open in Melbourne and accessible to you during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
10 best NSW road trips from Sydney
Experience the best twists and turns of NSW with these epic road trip itineraries that feature mountains, waterfalls and coastlines.
7 of the most scenic Tasmania road trip itineraries
We’ve just planned your next holiday with these sample Tasmania road trip itineraries that include where to go, what to see, where to stay, how far you’ll be driving each day and more.
Ask an Expert