San Francisco is an ideal city to walk around if you’re in the right spot.
So whether you’re in for a family holiday or are travelling for business, we’ve found the perfect location for you in the city.
Where should I stay in San Francisco?
There are so many districts to choose from - so we've broken them down by what's nearby to steer you in the right direction.
- Union Square: Stay here if you're hoping to hit the department stores running or take in a theatre production (or two) in the theater district.
- Fisherman's Wharf: Stay on the wharf and you'll never have to venture far to tick off those big tourist attractions. This includes the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard St, Presidio and Pier 39. From the wharf you can catch views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.
- The Financial District: Not just a hub of business skyscrapers, the Financial District is renowned for having some of the best bars in the city. It's also on the doorstep of the ferry terminal if you wish to hop across the San Francisco Bay to places like Bay Island and Alameda.
- Chinatown: Stay close to cheap eats in the oldest Chinatown in the USA.
- SoMa: Short for South of Market, this is a trending hub of art museums and warehouse conversions.
- The Mission: Colourful and full of energy, The Mission is a predominately Hispanic area with plenty of traditional Mexican fare to tuck into.
Not quite right? Search for hotels here:
San Francisco hotel deals
Popular Hotels coupon codes
|16 Jan 2020
||Up to 40% off worldwide hotels + Extra 8% off with code
|10 Jan 2020
||Extra 8% off hotels
|9 Jan 2020
||Up to 75% off worldwide hotels + extra 5% off with code
|28 Oct 2019
||Extra 9% off hotel bookings
|2 Dec 2019
||Up to 25% off on 2 bedrooms + extra 5% off