Samsung teases Galaxy S9 reveal ahead of MWC 2018
Samsung is revving up its hype machine with these new Galaxy S9 trailers.
A lot of what's been revealed about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S9+ has come in the form of leaks that aren't officially endorsed by Samsung itself, although there's always some debate about how much leaking is a viable hype building strategy. Samsung itself has been relatively quiet about the S9 ahead of its launch at MWC 2018... until now.
As spotted by Phandroid, through its Samsung Mobile Korea YouTube channel, Samsung has released 3 very short trailers, each highlighting a presumed feature of the new handsets. Not that they're giving all that much away about the S9, beyond the already-rumoured camera improvements around low light and a possible new slow motion feature, or for that matter, Samsung's answer to Apple's Animoji feature.
Mind you, this short and they could mean anything.
Especially the last one.
We'll know for sure in ten day's time when Samsung formally raises the curtain on the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ at Mobile World Congress, where we'll be reporting live. Stay tuned for all the mobile news from Barcelona.
- The Huawei P20 and P20 Pro are now available in Australia
- OnePlus 6 is OnePlus’ most expensive phone yet
- This week’s bargain phones: Score a bargain deal on iPhone 8 Plus, Galaxy S9 or Huawei P20 Pro
- Nokia 6 2018 review: A solid and serious handset
- Samsung announces Australian availability of the Galaxy A8