Samsung Galaxy S8+ review: Plans | Pricing | Specs
The Samsung Galaxy S8+ impresses with its battery life, but for most users the slightly less pricey Galaxy S8 is a better bet.
- Exceptional battery stamina
- Great processor performance
- Great for movie watching
- Water resistance
- CAT16 connectivity
- Fingerprint sensor is hard to hit right and iris scanner is hit or miss
- Bixby doesn’t work well enough at launch
- Where are the "Plus" features?
- Simple Mono speaker only
Power, storage and battery
|Launch price (RRP)||$1,349|
Usually when a smartphone manufacturer announces a new phone range that includes some kind of "plus" model, you can count on that plus meaning a larger screen, battery and additional goodies not found on the lesser siblings in the same product family. That’s the approach that pretty much every manufacturer, including big names such as Apple and Huawei has taken, because at the premium end of the pool, you’ve got to work extra hard to justify the exceptional asking prices that you demand.
That’s not quite the approach Samsung has taken with the Galaxy S8+, the larger brother of the Galaxy S8. Yes, it’s a larger phone and it has a larger battery, but in every other aspect it’s identical to the S8. We really adored the Galaxy S8 in our review, so giving us even more has got to be better, right?
- Replacing the bezel with the curved "Infinity" display allows for larger videos and easier navigation.
- Small hands may have difficulty holding and operating the bulky handset.
- Only a marginal improvement over the Galaxy S7's camera.
- Still a solid set-up for taking high-quality photos.
- More than enough power to handle virtually anything you could throw at it.
- Identical guts to the Galaxy S8.
- 3,500mAh battery delivers tremendous longevity.
- Support for wireless and quick-charging makes juicing up a breeze.
- Massive display and powerhouse battery elevate the Galaxy S8+ above its non-plus sibling.
- Bulky size and higher cost make the standard Galaxy S8 a better choice for most users.
Pricing and availability
Compare SIM-only plans for the Samsung Galaxy S8+
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Power, storage and battery
Latest Samsung phone news
Telstra's throwing in a free gift worth up to $649 with all S21 5G purchases for 1 week only.Read more…
Now's your chance to get any of the S21 phone models for $500 less than their original price.Read more…
With Father's Day just around the corner, we're giving all you last-minute planners easy-to-order gift options for your tech-loving dad.Read more…