Enjoy a fantastic screen and plenty of versatile features with the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is Samsung’s latest challenger to the Apple iPhone’s dominance of the smartphone market. The S5 Android smartphone is the Galaxy’s latest evolution, boasting a bigger screen and more powerful processing than its predecessor.
Available in four eye-catching colours, the Galaxy S5 comes in 16GB and 32GB variants. The 5.1-inch full HD screen offers a crisp and clear picture, while this new model has a higher-resolution camera to help you take better photos. In addition, the phone is dust- and water-resistant, designed to let its owners use their phone in a greater variety of locations and situations.
The Galaxy S5 will go head to head with the likes of the Apple iPhone 5S, the HTC One M8 and the Sony Xperia Z2 for a share of this competitive market sector.
Things to consider about the Samsung Galaxy S5
The most noticeable feature of the Galaxy S5 is its large screen. The 5.1-inch full HD Super AMOLED display has been designed to offer an improved viewing experience, and this screen has certainly received widespread praise from a number of reviewers. Powered by a 2.5GHz Quad core processor, this is the fastest yet of all the phones in the Galaxy range.
Next on the list of features is a rear-facing 16-megapixel camera, which also includes a fast autofocus feature and selective focus to help amateur photographers. Other notable inclusions are a bigger battery, 2GB of RAM and an outright price around the $900 mark.
Features of the Samsung Galaxy S5
- Large screen. The 5.1-inch full HD screen provides a bright, clear picture for optimal viewing. It features a resolution of 1920 x 1080.
- Powerful camera. The 16-megapixel rear-facing camera will satisfy most amateur photographers. It includes features like Fast Auto-focus and Selective Focus to help you take better photos.
- Fast processor. The Samsung Galaxy S5 is powered by a 2.5GHz Quad core processor.
- Operating system. The Galaxy S5 runs on the Android 4.4 Kit Kat operating system.
- Different models and colours. This smartphone is available in 16GB and 32GB variants, and it comes in four eye-catching colours (Charcoal Black, Copper Gold, Electric Blue and Shimmery White).
- Bigger battery. The smartphone features a 2800mAh battery pack, which combines with the efficient processing system to give you a much longer battery life than on previous models.
- Dust and water resistant. The Galaxy S5 has been designed to be resistant to dust, water, sweat, rain and sand to help you use it in a wide range of situations.
- Ultra Power Saving Mode. Switching your Galaxy S5 to this special mode allows you to minimise battery use as much as possible. It does this by shutting down unnecessary phone features and changing your screen display to black and white.
- Fingerprint scanner. An upgraded security feature of this new model, the fingerprint scanner allows you to unlock your phone with your fingerprint.
- Heart rate sensor. The Samsung Galaxy S5 features a built-in heart rate monitor that lets you easily keep track of your own heart rate. It also features Samsung’s S Health app to help you set and achieve your personal fitness goals.
- Download Booster This feature lets you combine the 4G network and your Wi-Fi connection to enjoy faster download speeds. However, you’ll need to be wary of exceeding your download limit.
Where to buy a Samsung Galaxy S5
When it first hit the market, the Samsung Galaxy S5 was priced around the $900 mark for customers wanting to own their phone outright. However, a little digging around online should enable you to track down an S5 for significantly less.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is a worthy contender in the competitive smartphone market. Featuring a host of versatile features and an impressive screen, it has a lot to offer to prospective smartphone buyers. However, it’s a good idea to weigh up the pros and cons of the Galaxy S5 against a number of similar smartphones to make sure you end up buying the perfect phone for you.
Unfortunately, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is no longer available on contract in Australia. There are plenty of options for its more powerful successor, the Samsung Galaxy S7, however. Compare them below: