Samsung Galaxy Note 7: Vodafone Australia announces pricing
Vodafone is the first Aussie telco to announce plan pricing for the new Samsung Galaxy Note 7. Here are all the details.
Samsung made a big splash overnight as it unveiled its new Galaxy Note 7 smartphone to the world. The big-screen device is all set to launch on 19 August, with pre-orders for the device starting on 5 August for both outright purchase and picking up the phone on a plan. Samsung is promising a 256GB MicroSD card with all handset pre-orders, including those on contract plans, which should encourage plenty of big-screen handset fans to sign up early.
Vodafone was the first telco out of the gate with pricing for the phone, with the Galaxy Note 7 available on its full suite of Red plans. You can compare the complete offerings in the table below, though it's interesting to note that there's no option to get the phone for free on a certain plan value. The cheapest handset repayment is $3 a month on the $130 Red plan, which does include a whopping 20GB of data thanks to a 5GB bonus data deal.
It's an expensive proposition, especially if you compare the Note 7 with the iPhone 6S plus, though the reality is that Samsung has managed to cram some impressive features in the Note 7, from its iris scanner to the 3,500mAh battery.
- A guide to find the best prepaid SIM card when travelling to Cook Islands
- Find the best prepaid SIM card when travelling to the Channel Islands
- Our guide to finding the best prepaid SIM card in Canada
- A guide to find the best prepaid SIM card when travelling to Cambodia
- A guide to find the best prepaid SIM card when travelling to Bulgaria