Samsung's J1 smartphone is a highly affordable entry into its world of Galaxy Android phones.
Samsung's Galaxy J1 is a budget Android smartphone aimed at anyone who needs to keep an eye on the price tag when purchasing a new phone.
The J1 has a small, fairly low-resolution screen measuring just 4.5 inches and 480 x 800 pixels, but it gets a boost from Super AMOLED technology that enhances colours and contrast. The phone is also quite light at 131g and packs in a decent battery life.
- Basic but practical with no fancy trimmings.
- Bright AMOLED screen, though limited to a fairly low resolution.
- 5MP camera allows for decent if unremarkable photos.
- Handy camera shortcut makes it easier to capture fleeting shots.
- Suitable for general email and web browsing tasks, but not a whole lot more.
- Low-power hardware gives the 2,050mAh battery plenty of legs.
- Ultra power saving mode offers even more battery life for times when recharging isn't an option.
Pricing and availability
Samsung Galaxy J1
Samsung smarts at an affordable price
Joining the Samsung family is cheaper than ever thanks to the Galaxy J1.
- You can find the Samsung Galaxy J1 at online retailers such Catch selling for around $150.
Samsung Galaxy J1 specs
|Display size (inches)||4.5|
|Display resolution (pixels)||800 x 480|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||207|
|Battery size (mAh)||2,050|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||5|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||2|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||N/A|
Compare SIM-only plans for the Samsung Galaxy J1
Latest Samsung phone news
We help you find the best Vodafone phone on contract with our comprehensive guide to the best handsets available right now. Read more…
We help you find the best Telstra phone on contract with our comprehensive guide to the best phones you can buy right now in Australia. Read more…
We hit the streets of Paris and Sydney to find the low light camera king, with surprising results. Read more…