If you’re after an affordable take on a Samsung Android phone, the Galaxy A5 combines waterproofing with decent performance.
Samsung sells the Samsung Galaxy phones, such as the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S9 as its premium line of phones. If you want something substantially cheaper, the Galaxy J phones are where Samsung serves the genuine budget market. The Galaxy A series, including the Samsung Galaxy A5, sits in the middle, offering a slew of features that at one point would have been exclusive to premium handsets.
- Features a 5.2-inch Full HD screen and a curved glass back.
- Boasts a water-resistance rating of IP68.
- Twin 16MP cameras provide plenty of fidelity for both selfies and traditional photography.
- Built-in camera filters allow for quick and easy tweaks to photos on the fly.
- Powered by a custom Exynos processor designed for mid-range performance.
- Can't match the likes of the Galaxy S7, but still capable of solid performance in day-to-day tasks.
- 3,000mAh battery with the promise of all-day longevity.
- Support for USB-C fast charging.
Pricing and availability
Samsung Galaxy A5
Premium power for the budget-conscious
The Galaxy A5 applies Samsung's premium polish to the mid-range smartphone space, delivering a slick and capable handset at an affordable price point.
- Samsung sells the Galaxy A5 directly on its site for $499, but you can find it selling for $400 or less at online retailers.
- The Galaxy A5 is also available on contract through Vodafone.
|Display size (inches)||5.2|
|Display resolution (pixels)||1920 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||424|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,000|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||16|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/1.9|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||16|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/1.9|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 6|
Latest Samsung phone news
How do the largest Android flagships from Huawei and Samsung compare? Read more…
How well does Google's new flagship compare to Samsung's exceptional Galaxy Note9? Read more…
We've put the Samsung Galaxy Note9 through exhaustive testing, comparing performance, camera, plans and everything else you need to know. Read more…