Sale: Up to 45% off AirAsia flights network-wide
The larger your group, the larger your savings in AirAsia's latest sale.
Malaysia's budget airline AirAsia has joined the #matesrates train and is giving travellers the chance to book flights for up to 45% off when you travel in a group.
The big difference with this sale compared to other mates rates sales, which generally allow you to book travel at a set price per person, is that it works on a sliding scale, so the more people you bring with you, the less each of you has to pay.
The scale works like this:
- One guest: 15% off flights
- Two guests: 25% off flights
- Three guests: 35% off flights
- Four guests: 45% off flights
There's a maximum of nine guests per booking and, as you can tell, you don't even have to travel with anyone to get some sort of deal.
This sale is available for travel from 26 February 2018 to 28 August 2018, giving you ample time to sort out the rest of your holiday plans. You can travel select flights and routes across the entire AirAsia network, however, peak period dates are excluded from the discount.
Some discounted flights we found departing from Australia include: Sydney to Kuala Lumpur for $231.75 (one adult, 15% off) or $185.25pp (four adults, 45% off) and Darwin to Bali for $144 (one adult, 15% off) or $126pp (four adults, 45% off).
You also have until 6 August 2017 to book your seats, though it's likely that the better seats and the cheaper routes will fly off the shelves before then. As always, first in, best dressed. Click here to search for flights or use the search box below and enter dates within the eligible travel period to see where AirAsia can take you for up to 45% off:
Find cheap AirAsia flights
- Peak-season flights to Europe on the world’s best airline from $969 return
- Fly from $39.95 this summer with Tigerair’s Ready, Set, Go sale
- Bliss out in Queensland from $105 with Qantas
- Use this code to get flights to California for less than $705 return
- Take a break on Kangaroo Island with flights from $109 one-way